Supports are here! What are you doing with them?

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
The Supports update when live on Google Play today so I'm sitting here looking at them. I'm wondering if anyone has leveled any supports or attached them to any characters yet?

Comments

• stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nothing until I get some of higher rank and more Red Iso to get them higher than Level 8.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nothing until people who actually play with them report which ones are worth investing in.  I have another place to hoard!
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    I split the ISO between The Shield and the Blasters Supports, since those 2 are the ones that look promising at the moment. Haven't equipped them yet since I have nothing to use them on. I already completed DDQ and finished my R&G Story Nodes for the day. I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow.
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Trying to figure out how to unequipp them ?!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:
    I split the ISO between The Shield and the Blasters Supports
    Yeah, the first 3 ranks of Element Gun would be a good support for Carol.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm still giving them a once-over and picking the brains of alliance members and scouring the forums.

Basically data-farming.
  • mbaren
    mbaren Posts: 220 Tile Toppler
    evade420 said:
    Trying to figure out how to unequipp them ?!
    They can't be unequipped per se - I asked about this in the Bugs forum.  They can be reassigned to a different character, but not removed entirely.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,902 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Leveled my Blaster Support to 8 to increase chance of attack tile to highest it can go.

Equipped on 4Gamora so her cheap stun + other powers has chance of attack tile to go with 4Rocket for those battles that Medusa can't join due to required 3rd.

Works nicely too generating a bunch of extra damage thanks to Rockets strikes, I highly recommend for 4* teams.

KGB

P.S. The shield is also nice because it gives you boost health at the start of battle. So that's extra health on top of what you have so that gets knocked off first. Means that the character most in front can take advantage of some bonus health before dipping into their real health.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Using wasp with avengers tower and thanos with henchmen right now
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nothing.
    Really need to see fully leveled ones, because the abilities as shown now are very unexciting.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Equipped them to 3 characters. Leveled Avengers Tower up to level 8, because that's apparently as far as 500 RIso will stretch. Now they're just.... there, I guess. Can't do anything else with them until we get some means of getting RIso or more Supports. Still haven't seen any of their effects activate (aside from increased health) as the percentages at these levels are very low.

Overall, first impression is underwhelming.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    As of now I'm not making a big deal over them, I don't consider the effects significant enough at the level they are for me to bank on them having an impact in most my matches. As of now I'm more curious how often we will be getting chances for Red Iso and Support Tokens. 
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches said:
    Nothing.
    Really need to see fully leveled ones, because the abilities as shown now are very unexciting.
    To be fair, these are level 1-8 out of 250 potential levels.  Of course they'll be underwhelming at these low levels.  I'd certainly like to see them fully powered so I have an idea of which ones I want to chase.
  • RedLion
    RedLion Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Thanos got the hydra homies...Thor’s operating out of the tower...Daredevil has guns now...and old man Logan is rocking a vintage shield (but he’s probably not happy about it).

I figure there’s no reason to put them on characters I don’t use...so they go to 5-stars for now.
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    I put henchmen on vulture, but I am guessing it does not work to fortify countdown tiles, or I just have not been able to activate it yet.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Orion said:
    Daiches said:
    Nothing.
    To be fair, these are level 1-8 out of 250 potential levels.  Of course they'll be underwhelming at these low levels.  I'd certainly like to see them fully powered so I have an idea of which ones I want to chase.
    But that's exactly the point.  Let's say one of these originally four turns out to be super useful and the other three are garbage.  Wouldn't you rather than saved your riso until that was known rather than waste it now throwing it blindly in the dark and gaining little for it?  I don't imagine getting them to L250 is going to be quick or easy...
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 718 Critical Contributor

I wish they were equipable to 1* & 2* - I feel the early levels would actually be useful on them for DPD. 

As it is they are attached to 5s I use, somewhat at random and will be entirely forgotten until more stuff comes along.

• animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I'm uh... planning on waiting until the weekend to potentially trigger the hell out of myself to test them out (I had to stop playing because all the flashes were triggering dizziness due to silent migraines, which I've been getting under control). Or at least thinking about doing that. It's soooooo tempting.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nothing until we get numbers on levels and ranks.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hoarding like everything else.. I need to see what other players do with them before I start investing into them. Plus I know as soon as I level a Support, a really crazy meta-defining one will be released