Meet R&G event

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Just looked at essential boosted characters. Black Bolt (3/1/0), Jubilee (1 cover), Gambit (oh, nooo) and Bullseye (on regrowth after being harvested). This will be real fun.

Comments

• sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Don't forget about the other boosted 4-stars.  I'm sure they'll help.

*checks list*

Lockjaw, Drax, Totally Awesome Hulk, Wasp and Gwenpool?

Errrr.....yeah.  This will be real fun.  I see a lot of Lockjaw/Carnage/Medusa runs in this event.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Gwenpool is actually pretty awesome
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeroKarma said:
    Gwenpool is actually pretty awesome
    Agree there. As long as you can match away her pistol then her green becomes brutal. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    The devs this time made a decent set of essentials with 3bit and Jubilee using charge tiles together and Bullseye naming protects for all the purple you chase. Nice job!

Edit:  just wanted to clarify this team makes the team up node a lot more enjoyable than some recent ones.  Synergy is possible after all!
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Using Bullseye with Wasp can be fun too. Let Bullseye make some protect tiles, then let Wasp flip them to strike tilles.
  • qandols
    All good ideas, thanks!
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Wasp is a beast with Carol. Her countdown blue makes any special tiles op in just a few moves.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Dogface said:
    Using Bullseye with Wasp can be fun too. Let Bullseye make some protect tiles, then let Wasp flip them to strike tilles.
    Add in 3Falcon. Match purple as much as possible so 2Bullseye is making protect tiles, then spam the board with more protect tiles with Falcon's purple, gather yellow so Falcon is buffing tiles, then flip them all with Wasp's yellow.

Game over.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Dormammu said:
    Dogface said:
    Add in 3Falcon. Match purple as much as possible so 2Bullseye is making protect tiles, then spam the board with more protect tiles with Falcon's purple, gather yellow so Falcon is buffing tiles, then flip them all with Wasp's yellow.

Game over.
    That's one of the Burrito node teams. I always enjoy playing that node when it comes around.
  • qandols
    If you have Coulson and C4rol, they are deadly with wasp. Get enough blue and black and the killing spree is on.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sheesh I had never paid attention to the symbols. I committed 6,7,9 to memory since that's "destroy random column", same reason. Big damage, good board shake.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Only 1 boosted character matters for me, my level 560 Black Bolt.  63k AoE is kinda fun.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,221 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sheesh I had never paid attention to the symbols. I committed 6,7,9 to memory since that's "destroy random column", same reason. Big damage, good board shake.
    Optimus,
    I believe 149 (row) and 679 (column) do the same damage.  In theory their cascades/match effect should be the same, but anecdotally I feel 149/row causes more.  Do you feel column destruction is better?  or in Gwenpool's case, do you just use whatever code you memorize...
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I don't know exactly how well this holds up, but column destruction allows new gems to drop deeper into the board and therefore there is more scope for cascades happening in rows above them.
  • qandols
    Running a buffed, champed 'Bolt IS real fun.

Like I said BlackBolt 255 3/1/0. Oh well, It goes well enough anyway

• Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    I don't have BB anywhere near champed, but buffed as he is now it's fun to play him. Used him in all nodes.