Game freezes on going to menu.

Options
Gilesclone
Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
I went to check the objectives with the menu button an my game is now completely frozen. The x for close does nothing.  In fact nothing at all works, none of the buttons, etc.  The screen is just completely frozen.  I’ll have to restart the app, which is especially annoying since I had the game won and was doing very well in this event.

Comments

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @Gilesclone Was this during a specific event or have you encountered this is a variety of different fights?
  • gogol666
    gogol666 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This bug is still a thing. I just got the app freeze on me by opening the menu.
    Ok, it was in the middle of a few cards being cast in sequence, but it forced me to close the app. Preventing to open the menu while anything is going on can be a quick workaround
  • Vorazg
    Vorazg Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    edited July 2018
    Options
    This happened to me three times now during the current AWR. Cost me a near perfect score too. Basically if you try to pull up the menu during an animation sequence to check objectives, especially during the swirly spell cast or mana add one it seems, the game freezes part way through popping up the menu and won't release it. Any attempt to zoom in or get out results in a crash.

I have screens of two of the freezes if you need (didn't catch the third in time).

Cheers,
    V
  • DBJones
    DBJones Posts: 803 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've managed to escape the small menu freeze by hitting where the X looks like it is (sort of, I just tapped a bunch). The back button on Android might help. I've managed to avoid this freeze by only accessing the menu during my turn while nothing is happening, so Gogol's idea to prevent the menu from opening any other time would be a big help.
  • sutoLkcalB
    sutoLkcalB Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ... or to add a "disable animation" option.
    In every release up to now we see animation hangs in various flavors.
    I would like to have the possibility to prevent any potential animation hang by setting this option.