What Do You Spend HP On?

OneLungDave
OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
Besides roster slots, obviously.

I play regularly, but not ultra competitively. Which means full progression in PvE and somewhere between 300-700 in PvP - with no care of placement. So I VERY rarely buy shields.

I must be missing the boat on HP usage. I'm sitting on 20k HP with 190 roster slots. Is there something I should be blowing all this gold on? Or should I just continue to stack it up in amazement like my 401k? 

Comments

• First21
    First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    I'm saving my HPs to 100k so that I can buy 9 heroic 40 packs. Currently sitting at little over 60k. So set your own goal and save.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    Until you've got everyone rostered, you should definitely save it for roster slots.  Once you have about 5-6 roster slots worth of HP saved up (at that point, it would be 5-6000), then you can start to either spend it on tokens in vaults that have characters you need, or Heroes for Hire if you *really* need that cover for your 4-star.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    1.  Shields. Usually a 3 and/or an 8 hour per PvP event
    2. 100 HP Daily deals for new character/and Friends vaults
    3. The occasional 10 pack for said vaults
    4. The “super secret” Heroes for Hire deal when offered.
    5. Those 40 item vaults. 
    4. The roster slot sale (emptied my stash of like 17k for that one). 

The rest I just save for a good opportunity (anniversary vault, infinity war, etc)
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    40 packs for the Bagman Vault
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Shields of course 
    But I try and save at least 10k up during each season and buy a off season 40 pack (they cost around 1k hp less than normal heroic 40 pack)
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    First21 said:
    I'm saving my HPs to 100k so that I can buy 9 heroic 40 packs. Currently sitting at little over 60k. So set your own goal and save.
    you're going to get like 250-300 2* covers for that 100k!
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Double-Secret HfH offers.  An almost-depressing number of my 4* champs have relied on that.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    What's an off season pack?
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    1. Shields - just the one per event once I’m over 900. If the stars line up I may hop for 1200
    2. roster slots - new releases, dupes of maxed 3*s. 
    3. 100HP daily deals
    4. HFH - only if I really want the cover and I have a good HP stash. Last purchase was medusas since I need 14 covers to get the last 2 blackbolts
    5. Limited vaults - I think I purchased all 3 strange sights just for the new 3* covers last time. Was sitting on 15k
    6. Health packs - only to complete pve grinds for new release when I totally wiped to 5* nodes too many times, or for pvp when I also wiped to many times on my late climb to 900

• jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    gmtosca said:
    What's an off season pack?
    Often, the versus events scheduled between seasons have stores offering tokens with identical odds to heroic tokens (compare with normal versus event stores that usually have lower odds of pulling a 4*).  The price for 10- and 40-packs in these off season stores are lower than the once-a-day daily discount price for regular heroic token packs.  So if you want to buy a lot of heroic tokens all at once, this is a slightly cheaper way to do so.

Of course, it is still a fair bit more expensive than the single token daily deal in the regular heroic store, so you need to average a fair bit more than 1 token/day for it to make sense.
  • Khartmann
    Khartmann Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    Also if you leave for the last day, the off season packs are updated with the new 4 stars entering the packs that season.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Thanks for replying.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    I buy every 100 HP daily deal, both the heroic and any vaults.  I have also bought the HFH deal a few times if it would save a 4* on the vine.  I also rarely buy 10 or 40 packs on special vaults, like the anniversary vault.  
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daily deals, mostly from vaults.  100 HP isn't too much to spend for a lotto pull.  I'll spend on the 200 hp stores when there's a new character in them.  I've yet to actually pull one from there, but any chance to eke out one more node in SHIELD training is worth the spend.

Every few months I find myself with a large enough surplus that I'll buy a 10-pack from a vault or store, if there's something in it I want.  That's usually only new characters at this point.
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm up to 16,000+ HP with almost every 4* and 5* rostered. I'm still missing Banner in the 5* realm but he's no loss. I think I've got every 4* again, actually, since I've got my two green Jubiliee covers (our alliance only cleared R5; I couldn't help much this time around).

So usually daily deals and not a whole lot else.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    roster slots and occasionally a 3h shield.
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Roster slots, couple shields per event, 100 HP vault deals, a 40-pack in the off-season.
  • Jexman
    Jexman Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Yeah I don't know either, I have 20k HP with everyone except JJ rostered (and maybe a couple of 1 stars---should I be 1 star farming? probably).
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    A 3 hr or 8hr shield besides roster slot. It's not feasible for me to buy 40-packs and daily deal now.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use my HP to purchase Supports. Right now I am saving 50K HP for the X-Mansion, but it's taking too long so I'll need to buy several Stark salaries. It will be worth it because it grants all X-Men a +1 AP at the start of each turn. If I equip it to Gambit he starts the match Invisible for 5 turns. Totally worth it.