Steam UI Changes related to Supports?

2»

Comments

• Kailen
    Kailen Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    OK, so the new ability is here.  Yay, great, wonderful.

Can we have our old Steam UI back now?

This new UI setup doesn't utilize the screen (you REALLY think it's a better idea to have 2/3 the screen being blank, useless space?), and the worst pat, it requires us to actually exit out of a character entirely when they get a new cover in order to actually level them up.

It is AWFUL.  Right now, I'd consider the Steam UI a perfect example of how *NOT* to port a mobile game to PC.  Congratulations, you've become a case study on bad design.

I get that, now you have a whole new feature.  Here's the thing:  It could be given it's own UI section.  Believe it or not, you CAN have a full screen "all in one" style UI.. and still flip pages to deal with a second feature.  Do something, do ANYTHING to give us our UI back.  Because right now, I don't want to play the game anymore.  And I know I'm not alone.  I at least care enough about the game to want to see it fixed, but I know people who've just left because of it.  This UI change IS bad enough that it's the push some people look for to just leave the game, and they've done so.  And the longer this UI is in use, the more people will leave - and the fewer people who stay if they join.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that the feature is live, you can tell they could have just added a button to the previous char page, make a new interface for supports and that's it. It already takes you to a whole new screen!

Pure laziness to tack on the same mobile UI to Steam, the change was NOT required, they just didnt want to bother with it.
  • dijidiji
    dijidiji Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    sinnerjfl said:
    Now that the feature is live, you can tell they could have just added a button to the previous char page, make a new interface for supports and that's it. It already takes you to a whole new screen!
    Yes, it clearly could have been done with a single button on the old character page.  In fact, the actual supports page uses the full screen, so the only changes would be the button and the character supports popup (for which we had the existing model of the cover redistribution popup).  They could have used the mobile interface for just that one screen and left everything else as it was.

On the other hand, we already knew all that.  It is what we thought it was.

In my dreams, they find the time to revert the UI.  I would like to come back to the game, but it's not worth the effort in its current state.  Unfortunately, they've come as close as they possibly can to saying it won't happen without actually saying "no, never".  At this point, I assume my absence is permanent.
  • Freelancer
    Freelancer Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    If they would have included the ability to equip supports to characters from the Supports tab, then the UI might not have needed to be changed at all...

At least they moved the panel that just displays the Comic Cover to the end...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KenshinUK
    KenshinUK Posts: 91 Match Maker
    JHawkInc said:
    The best part are the armchair developers that clearly don't have a clue what exactly "just adding a button" entails.

Or maybe it's the people acting like the UI change was a malicious act?
    As its something school kids could do I don't think it should prove to be a problem for the game developers.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    JHawkInc said:
    The best part are the armchair developers that clearly don't have a clue what exactly "just adding a button" entails.

I dont need to be a game developper to realize that adding a single button to the existing Steam character details page was a relatively simple endeavor, we already get taken to the new support UI anyway which seems to be a part of the UI thats all by itself.
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    JHawkInc said:

"1000 iso has been credited to your account"