AP bar toggle not remembered [Solved]

Options
supergarv
supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
hi!

I believe this is a bug: The AP bar will start folded, even if I click to show it in a match

IMO the proper behavior would be to remember the last toggle state, and always use that.

(Then those who dont need/want it can leave it closed all times, and those who need it can have it open all time.)

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hm, mine is always in the last position I left it. What device are you using? I'm on Android, and it works the way you want it to.
  • supergarv
    Options
    iOS here. And I have the feeling that sometimes it remembers the state. But definitely not in my 10 SIM PVPs today.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @supergarv Hmm that's peculiar. I don't seem to see that issue on the devices in our office. Would you mind submitting a Customer Support ticket, so our team can investigate your account? Thanks!
  • supergarv
    Options
    I paid attention to it this week. In about 2/3s of cases the AP bar stays toggled. I haven‘t really found a was to reproduce it toggling away, but I think it happens when I switch from PVE to PVP or Sim, could that be?

I sure could send a ticket, but it would really surprise me if its specific to my account.

using iphone X, maybe thats more of a reason due to display height?!
  • Blindman13
    Blindman13 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This may or may not be your issue, but I have found multiple instances where I am trying to fire an ability and I fat finger a little too high and I close the AP bar. This is becuase it will close if you touch anywhere on it, not just on the tab at the left. 
    I had just been assuming that when I noticed it was closed it was because I had done it accidentally and not noticed right away.
  • abmoraz
    abmoraz Posts: 712 Critical Contributor
    Options
    This may or may not be your issue, but I have found multiple instances where I am trying to fire an ability and I fat finger a little too high and I close the AP bar. This is becuase it will close if you touch anywhere on it, not just on the tab at the left. 
    I had just been assuming that when I noticed it was closed it was because I had done it accidentally and not noticed right away.
    I had noticed the same issue as OP, but then figured out what you did.  The toggle bar closes if you touch it anywhere, not just the arrow.  I had been fat-fingering it and closing it accidentally.

@Brigby : I think the OP's bug report may not be "AP bar doesn't remember state" but instead "AP Bar closes when you tap anywhere on it, not just the docking arrow"
  • supergarv
    Options
    Ah! Yes! That might very well be the issue. Would be cool if you can only toggle the remember state if you click on the arrow; clicking the AP bar could still temporariky hide it, for better accessibility.

thanks for clearing this mystery to me!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Ahhh I see. If anything, I'll pass this along to the team, as improving its usability might be something the team could take a look at in the future, however I'm glad that this mystery was solved!