**** Valkyrie (Asgardian Warrior) ****

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

VALKYRIE (ASGARDIAN WARRIOR)
4-Star Rarity (Legendary)
Heroes

"Valkyrie is a tough-as-nails galactic scavenger with a mysterious past. After a tragedy left her life in tatters, Valkyrie disappeared to Sakaar where she became a bounty hunter known as Scrapper 142.

Now with the universe in peril, she must put her history behind her and join forces with Thor and Hulk to save Asgard in its darkest hour."

(Abilities listed at level 270)
Dragonfang Fury - 11 
 AP 
Valkyrie unleashes a series of slashes with her sword, landing 3 separate blows of 595 damage, continuing her attack even if she downs the target.
  • Level 2: ...3 separate blows of 847 damage...
  • Level 3: ...landing 4 separate blows...
  • Level 4: ...4 separate blows of 1246 damage...
  • Level 5: ...landing 5 separate blows of 1,637 damage...
Bounty Hunter -  Passive 
Valkyrie hunts down her mark and collects her bounty. At the start of the turn, if one doesn't exist, create a 5-turn Black Countdown tile targeting a random enemy. If that enemy is Downed or takes 3,410 damage before it expires, remove it to gain 3 AP in your strongest color and destroy 2 AP in the enemy's strongest color.
  • Level 2: ...and destroy 3 AP...
  • Level 3: ...or takes 3,031 damage...
  • Level 4: ...remove it to gain 4 AP...
  • Level 5: ...or takes 2,652 damage...and destroy 4 AP...
The Best Defense... -  Passive 
Valkyrie protects her allies from evil the best way she knows how--by fighting back even harder! Whenever an ally takes at least 1,748 damage, create 2 Yellow Strike tiles of strength 34. As long as an enemy has less than 6 AP in a color, friendly matches in that color deal 108 extra damage.
  • Level 2: ...of strength 50...deal 149 extra damage.
  • Level 3: ...at least 1,440 damage...deal 189 extra damage.
  • Level 4: ...of strength 72...deal 274 extra damage.
  • Level 5: ...at least 1,234 damage...of strength 100...less than 8 AP...deal 331 extra damage.
Check out Valkyrie's Marvel.com article here: Valkyrie (Asgardian Warrior)

What do you think is Valkyrie's best build? Vote down below!

**** Valkyrie (Asgardian Warrior) **** 21 votes

5/5/3
38%
sinnerjflrixmithJackDeath666Player1575AnonHilkBigSoftieFFMrEd95 8 votes
5/4/4
4%
Straycat 1 vote
5/3/5
38%
zeddicusstochasticismPunisher5784BlackBoltRocksjayx_2Coulson_LivesskittledaddyAndiTi 8 votes
4/5/4
4%
Heartbreaksoup 1 vote
4/4/5
0%
3/5/5
14%
octagon69Black DukeCaracticus 3 votes

Comments

• Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Wow her Bounty Hunter passive is great, especially if you can do enough damage quickly to trigger it often (like playing her with 5* characters or having strikes out). I'm sure this will be harder to qualify once Valkyrie is brought up in levels, yet still quite helpful since it's a cumulative damage calc.
    Also, very much appreciate the Dragonfang Fury ability since it will continue damage onto the next opponent to avoid overkill / AP waste. 

By the way, play her with Nico if you're going to be taking unavoidable damage. Valkyrie will produce strikes for free due to the damage, and Nico will buff them each turn. Nico's true heal makes up a lot of the damage. Bring along an active green-black user, and that's easy to do.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,008 Chairperson of the Boards
    I’ve got her at 2/2/5 right now. When I champ her, she’s going right in the middle of my Eddie Brock/Kraven team. I’ll also highly consider putting her in the middle of my DD/Gamora team. 
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    You are working so hard on getting people to like Kraven :)
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,008 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lol. I see everybody keeps calling him trash but he’s really not. He’s got a place and special niche. His purple is a VERY good passive and he and Eddie go very well together. 

Finding good old duos is just as important and finding a good team imo. 
  • Rick_OShay
    The problem is that most players here think that having a specific place (small) and being niche is what makes a character bad. I'm not saying they are wrong, just a bit harsh.
    A lot of perspective on the forums comes from players with champ 5's or have mostly champed 4's who can only make use of a newer 4* that has mechanics which help that level of team composition. 

Agreed on the latest posts, and I can't wait to get Valkyrie brought up to Champ status for this combo and many others. 

Valkyrie will be able to remain tanked behind strong 5* duo's, and easily qualify her Bounty Hunter passive every turn or two (3AP for your teams strongest and reducing enemy teams strongest AP, amazing!).
    Compared to the use of America in a 5* duo, Valkyrie building your strongest AP this quickly may earn her lots of play in season Simulator.

Thought I'd add a few notes onto the Kraven topic thread separately. 
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    I love niche characters we have had plenty of good talks about Electra in her forum, I do not have enough covers to comment about Kraven but everybody hates him other than Tiger who is literally the only person who I have seen say anything nice about him :)  Eddie is the only old character I still lack covers in so I will take you word they work well together. 

Valkyrie is a really solid support.  Once I got the hang of Bounty Hunter it is a great power and she will see lots of use once I can get her leveled.  The only issue I have with the mechanic is it forces you to attack randomly as opposed ot focus on a specific character to maximize its effectiveness.  This is usually not an issue but lets say you are fighting a team with Vulture and he is not the target of bounty hunter you will loose its effect for a couple of rounds while you kill him first.  A minor complaint but important against certain teams.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    So it seems her best build is split evenly three ways. I’m guessing the 3/5/5 folks are the 5* Gambit players. So is 5/53 or 5/3/5 the best default build?

I’m thinking 5/5/3 because the match/strike damage increases are not that huge going 3/5 Yellow and I don’t like to put stock in powers that trigger off me taking damage as I’m trying to avoid that (unless playing DP4).

Edit: or 5/4/4... at 4 you still get the full AP gain from bounty, you destroy one less (who cares) and there’s a slightly higher threshhold to trigger it (like 300 more damage at 273). I’m going to try this awhile.

I like her as a third with Rocket/Gamora because the strikes should easily help pop the bounty and for my team Red would be highest (Gamora) and could trigger DragonFang plus strikes. Any other good 4* combos out there? I know she pairs well with 5s. 

I have to to decide between her and Jubilee and was going to do Jubilee first because she’s boosted next, but might go Val because she seems way more fun. 

• Player1575
    Player1575 Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    5/5/3
    You'll definitely get more use put of Valkryie than you will Jubilee in 4* land. 
  • Daredevil217
    You'll definitely get more use put of Valkryie than you will Jubilee in 4* land. 
    She also seems more fun.  Especially with Grocket and another Guardian. Should be able to trigger bounty easily. I might actually do Yondu because Blue (Grocket) would be my highest and I could get those whistles going easily.

Yeah, decision made. Even though Jubes will be boosted, I have to go with Valkyrie. I should have every other boosted 4* champed for next week anyway and will have better options to choose from than Jubilee. 
  • Daredevil217
    So I can't seem to find a team that works for her that doesn't involve Rocket popping the bounty ASAP.  I feel that like Chavez, she excels much better with 5s, since the match damage should have her nabbing bounties left and right.  But I'm interested in 4* teams she can excel on sans Rocket and am drawing a blank.  I have barely been attacked and nabbed some defensive wins with Valkyrie/Grocket/Gamora in sim, but would like ideas for other 4* teams she can work on.  Is she really that niche?
  • Rick_OShay
    edited May 2018
    With Medusa since the CD auto-damage will pile up quickly enough - strongest team color may be yellow though, so bring a 3rd where this will be helpful. Also, if you will be taking enough damage, the strikes that Valkyrie adds is great for Medusa to burst heal your team when matched.

With C4rol vs a team with the same team-strongest color. They match strongest and the auto-AoE damage speeds up the black you need for Carol. The AoE hits all enemies so it can't miss the bounty target. Once her strikes get out it's bounties galore anyway.

With America as you've stated. Be sure to align Valkyrie in the middle of your starting line up, so that her BH CD proc's prior to America's auto-damage. You'll have a good chance to hit the bounty-target enemy before even having to see who it was assigned to. Then, when it's the final enemy you get the bounty hit each turn.

With Cloak & Dagger if you will be able to let the attack tiles add up (by leaving lots of black on the board). Also, they have a very cheap purple power to reach the bounty faster. Again, yellow is strongest but that's a good AoE if there's no enemy specials.

With Kraven against teams that spam special tiles against you like Carnage or Grocket. Yes I said Kraven, haa. 

With Carnage. 
  • Daredevil217
    edited May 2018
    I tried her and Chavez prior to reading this.  I respeced Chavez to 5 Red so she would do high match damage to pop the bounty and it worked well (though the opponent team wasn't great).  I had Mockingbird as a third so I could fire free powers all day while holding all my AP sans Red/Purple when they got high enough to cast.

I thought about Clagger as well though I'd have to think of a decent third.   

Thoughts on Blade?  Use his red to pop the bounty and fuel red?  The problem is do you hold the red, or Dragon fang these snitches?  But with the Blade/Val strikes I imagine the damage adds up quick.
  • Rick_OShay
    I would definitely agree about using Bl4de if you are confident that you can leave lots of red on the board for his strikes to proc.
    Be sure to align your team with Valkyrie in the middle of the starting screen so that her Bounty tile will be placed before the random hit from Blade takes place. That will create a 33% chance he will hit the enemy assigned to it before you even look to see who it is set on.  
    Once you have enough strikes and start getting the bounty every other turn or so I'd still leave the red in place for his Bloodlust to fire off passively. Then, plan to switch to Dragonfang Fury for the final KO.
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Might Valkyrie end up with the same problem as 3* hulk and 3* Carol? If you’re looking to trigger the AP conditions on the bounty you might be better leaving her underlevelled so the damage amount stays low. It may even be that it’s worth having a lvl70 0/5/0 Valkyrie as an AP suppressor / generator who stays hidden behind her teammates. 
  • Jarvis_Jackrabbit
    Jarvis_Jackrabbit Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Taking a quick look at Valkyrie, she would complete the rainbow with C4rl and Coulson and probably work pretty well with them. Her black could be helpful whether it expires or not (special buffing early on or AP generation later). Her yellow passive creates strike tiles when the enemy attacks you and her red at five covers will quintuple dip on any strikes on the board.