$1.99 Special Offer -- Thank You!!

Options
2»

Comments

• DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I think the deal has been in the vault for a few weeks, right? Now if only they'd lower the cost of the tribal packs deal to $5...
  • ManiiNames
    ManiiNames Posts: 213 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Deal was some runes, some gold crystal and a pack of Origins for $2.
  • jtwood
    jtwood Posts: 1,285 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Deal was some runes, some gold crystal and a pack of Origins for $2.
    Three packs. It was a Super Pack. 
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Too bad it flew under the radar.  I don't regularly check the cash vault.

I think MTGPQ would do well to present low ticket items more regularly (and not via the filter of having to go through a game currency buy first).  Only presenting the relatively higher cost deals leave a certain impulse market untapped.

My pitch would be thus:
    Since the orb crafting exists now, you could sell a crafting booster priced to different rarity levels.  This may actually be *too* good.

An alternative that would seem less consumer ideal but maybe better for the game generally would be a random booster of a given rarity tier.  Like the experimental uncommon purchases over a year ago, but in that case say 3 random uncommons of a named set.

Realistically, however, I don't think anyone would want to purchase anything except rare or higher.  3 random is too much for that rarity.  1 random perhaps.
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I spend money to support the game. 

I love the idea of microtransactions and would take advantage of them frequently if they were offered on a regular basis. 
  • Merrick_FrontierYeti
    Merrick_FrontierYeti Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Appreciate it - lighting deals for players that check in often is a good idea (says the guy that plays every single day).  Thank you Devs!
  • DumasAG
    DumasAG Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bken1234 said:

I love the idea of microtransactions and would take advantage of them frequently if they were offered on a regular basis. 
    I feel like this is key. $10-$40 is not a microtransation, $1-$5 is a microtransaction. Put out a multitude of microtransactions, and you'll get way more of my money. If I could buy a random rare from any set but the most recent two, let's say, I would pay $2 a hit. That's about what I value rares in this game at. Of course, maybe my idea of what a card in a digital card game is worth may be different than the majority. Have we ever had a poll to discuss what dollar amount people value rarities as?
  • BruceJuicy
    BruceJuicy Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    DumasAG said:
    bken1234 said:

I feel like this is key. $10-$40 is not a microtransation, $1-$5 is a microtransaction. Put out a multitude of microtransactions, and you'll get way more of my money. If I could buy a random rare from any set but the most recent two, let's say, I would pay $2 a hit. That's about what I value rares in this game at. Of course, maybe my idea of what a card in a digital card game is worth may be different than the majority. Have we ever had a poll to discuss what dollar amount people value rarities as?
    Yeah I agree with this. I love supporting this game but it's tough with the 10-40$ price range. I'd be much more likely to spend small amounts to make myself feel better about myself
  • Brakkis
    Brakkis Posts: 777 Critical Contributor
    Options
    bken1234 said:

If only D3 actually grasped the concept of the "micro" in microtransactions. $40 is not micro, and certainly not for a single card or even a Planeswalker.

It baffles me that people pay nearly the cost of a full AAA game, or the full cost of a decent indie game, for a single card in this mobile game but to each there own I suppose.
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3 origins boosters 100 crystals and 5000 runes for 2 or 3 bucks if i  remember well.

In fact i think it is a similar to the one time offer you get when you start the game.
  • HypnoticSpecter
    HypnoticSpecter Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I saw and bought a week or 2 ago, before the recent discussion of it. Maybe it took people a while to notice, or maybe they did a staggered release.
  • Toodles
    Toodles Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Micro transactions, yes!! Meaningful ones at that!
    Now please... implement the limited format I’ve suggested a thousand times. Booster draft and sealed deck are not only cash cows, but they allow players the opportunity to both add to their collection while playing and utilize cards that would literally never see the light of day!