One reason I love boss events

2»

Comments

• CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    The only problem with boss events right now is that the side missions scale disproportionately with the boss. Feedback from the 3-star rosters in my alliance is that while they can use strategy and roster depth to beat Apocalypse even at higher levels, they can't get more than one fight every eight hours with him because the side missions are too difficult.

This can't really be the intended experience, can it? Apocalypse goes down like a chump while random Maggia thugs and 3-star villains are hard as nails?
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    CNash said:
    The only problem with boss events right now is that the side missions scale disproportionately with the boss. Feedback from the 3-star rosters in my alliance is that while they can use strategy and roster depth to beat Apocalypse even at higher levels, they can't get more than one fight every eight hours with him because the side missions are too difficult.

This can't really be the intended experience, can it? Apocalypse goes down like a chump while random Maggia thugs and 3-star villains are hard as nails?

Oh how soft we've all become with fixed levels in regular PVE.

• NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    I found the side nodes to be much easier than in past boss events.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    I thought the 4* boost list was pretty strong on AvX and the boosted 3* had a variety of aoe/nukes/ap generation to handle the side nodes, even Beast yellow helped. There were a couple of nasty wave nodes - I took a 13k hit from Super-Venom which was not fun!
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Yes, the boost list helped - especially as it included a number of older 4-stars like Jean (whose purple AOE saw me through the wave nodes) and my MVP Cyclops (whose powered-up red can one-shot Apocalypse right up to round 6 or so).
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used Jean/Vulture/featured for every side node and never needed a health pack. I found he fuels green faster than switch fuels purple. Apocalypse on the other hand definately cost me packs.  
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Boss events are a mixed thing for me.  I'm in a casual alliance so we never get everything which is fine.  Some boss events are fun others like Apocalypse are pure garbage.  Played one match at the beginning, and had someone downed because I couldn't match away a count down.  Sorry, but my roster is strong enough that no one should be getting downed in the first round.  I had enough, if you are that desperate to sell health packs then good for you.

Bosses are way to repetitive to bother with that ****.  I apparently wasn't the only one to think that.  Normally my alliance gets 2 4* covers.  This time we got 0 as almost no one wanted to play it.  Hopefully we can only get the good boss fights from now on.