Change the boosted character list order!

Minox
Minox Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
I wanted to know people's thoughts on changing the order in which characters are boosted.

I'm coming back from a year or two break. I have a nice list of older 4* champed, but very few of the newer ones. This means that some weeks, I will have almost all characters boosted, but other weeks have nothing (like the last 2 boosted lists).

What I'd like to see is a shake up of the order so that I can stay semi-competitive with my roster.

I realize I'm probably a pretty rare case for this, but others would benefit from diversity. I read a few times on the board about how people couldn't play Iron Fist like they wanted because Grocket was boosted. Shaking up the boosted list would highlight different synergies between characters.

Is there any downside I haven't considered? Thoughts?

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Minox said:
    What I'd like to see is a shake up of the order so that I can stay semi-competitive with my roster.
     :D 
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I’m not saying they shouldn’t mix it up... but sitting out a year or two in this game? You shouldn’t be competitive against those who have kept playing. You should have to put some good work in to build back up to competitive. Otherwise, there was zero negative repercussion for you.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    AGreed they need to randomize it every cycle (not every week tho so everyone has their time to shine and no one repeatsbtoo much)
  • Minox
    Minox Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Crnch73 said:
    You shouldn’t be competitive against those who have kept playing. You should have to put some good work in to build back up to competitive.
    I agree with this. However, the strength of the new characters is so far ahead of the older ones that the players who stayed in the game still have that advantage (compare Carol, Grocket, Vulture, Medusa to Hulkbuster, Jean Grey, Cyclops).
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    It would be nice to have a balanced mix of newer and older characters in the boosted list, at least for 4*s. I remember wishing for that back when I was just entering 4* land.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    It'd be nice if they mixed up the combinations of boosted characters a bit.  We recently had Medusa+Gamora in one boosted list, followed by Rocket & Groot 5 days later.  I remember seeing that exact sequence last time around.

There are minor changes as they slot in new characters, but it feels like we're following a fixed rotation.  I'd prefer to see a bit more randomness, because there's some boosted characters I never use because they're always boosted along side much better ones in my roster.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    all character are boosted in about the same order.  maybe if you sent them an email and ask them to boost only characters you have leveled then they might reconsider their list.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    all character are boosted in about the same order.  maybe if you sent them an email and ask them to boost only characters you have leveled then they might reconsider their list.
    No need to get snarky. I've got all of those champed, and I'd still like to see the boost list get shaken up a bit. I don't know what the back end associated with that is like, and it may end up being much more complex to mess with than I imagine, but it seems like the sort of thing that should be relatively easy to play around with, and something that's easy for the devs and gives us more variety sounds like a win/win to me.
  • Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    I agree with shaking up the order a bit. Even something as simple as a pure "Random Card" each cycle with 1-2 randomized 2-3-4* characters added to the regular mix of toons could add a little spice. There is a lot of value in keeping all characters in play -- new, old, fantastic, ****. It further incentivizes (and helps justify) champing everyone, if nothing else.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Back when vaulting was a thing, there'd be weeks where it felt like they lumped all the vintage OP characters together in a boosted week to get them out of the way.  So for the other 80 percent of the time, the top tier latest 12 would get their shine.  Now almost a year past vaulting, we still see Iceman and Hulkbuster boosted at the same time, so I wrongly mistook malice for laziness.  
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    I support this because I am in the opposite problem. I am only 400-some days in and while I have 20+ 4* champs, they almost exclusively the newer models. So I end up going 2-3 weeks when the cycle is hitting older characters where I have NO ONE boosted, and it stinks (this week I have only Gwenpool). 

Shuffling up would be a decent way to not glut almost every character together by when they were released and get a bit of variety. 

Just my two cents. I am not living or dying with this idea. I just think it would be fun.