Burned phone

cgrubb80
cgrubb80 Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
Who else has burned their phone screen from MPQ?  This is the second game I have damaged due to playing too much.

Comments

• Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I assuming you're referring to the ghost of Gambit burned into any 5-star players screen?  Too bad there are no other, competitive, viable choices.
  • spatenfloot
    spatenfloot Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Turn the brightness down
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    You need a better phone.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    cgrubb80 said:
    Who else has burned their phone screen from MPQ?  This is the second game I have damaged due to playing too much.
    I guess I get to be the first to honestly answer in the affirmative. I first noticed it about 6 months ago, when my phone was just a bit less than a year old. First it was just the circles around the character icons by the AP bars, but now I can see the rows of "jewels" waiting to be matched in any white space on my screen. It makes reading the news more interesting  :D

Apparently it's a known problem with AMOLED screens. It's not at the point where I'm ready to replace my phone early, but I doubt I'll be keeping it around for a few months after my contract is up like I had planned...
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    My old phone, Note 5, had burn in.  I initially noticed the virtual keyboard had burned in, then I looked closer and could see the team up icon from the battle screen
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    My old Nexus 6 which I used for about 2 years got burn-in from the virtual buttons at the bottom of the screen. I have a Pixel 2 now and I use an app to force the the virtual buttons to hide when I'm playing MPQ so hopefully the burn-in won't be as bad. 
  • KinDM
    KinDM Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Haven't burnt into the screen, but boy has it killed my batteries.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah totally burned into my galaxy s6. Status bar and all the tile shapes. Happened really fast. But I later learned amoled seemingly is susceptible to screen burn.

Looking for a new phone. Any idea what screen technologies are not as susceptible to this ?