Colognoisseur’s Guide to Having Fun in DDQ

Options
Colognoisseur
Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor

There are multiple requests for progression only PvE, a chance to play more of our rosters, or puzzle like goals. While those don’t really exist in that exact form I want to offer for your consideration that Deadpool’s Daily Quest (DDQ) can be all those things.

It is easy to take your best team and bludgeon all the nodes in a few minutes. I still do it when I am short on time. A long time ago I realized DDQ offered the best opportunity to use more of my roster. What I then did was I limited myself to using only one character in each tier until I used every character in the tier. I get that especially for the first node people only roster a few 1*. If you do have all of them or more than a few it can be challenging. I have now progressed to never using the same team until I have used all the possibilities. Do this for the 2 & 3* nodes and you will find some really fun, along with some really challenging, combinations. Best part is if you lose there is absolutely no penalty because there is no advantage lost.

I also like seeing how far I can take my best 1* team (I’ve gotten it all the way through The Big Enchilada but it has to be an all-goon TBE)

Play Combined Arms in TBE 1/2/3*

Play Women of Marvel, Movie-Themed teams, Teen Angst, or Senior Citizens.

People say they want a puzzle format mode. I use DDQ as part of that.

I try to see how many out of 64 gems I can cover with special tiles. Less difficult with any special tile counting. Much harder pulling it off with only one kind of special tile. I have done it once with strike tiles, come close with protect tiles, over half with attack tiles, and just under half with countdowns.

I am obsessed with getting a turn zero win in TBE. I’ve gotten 1-turn wins many times but I believe there is one particular TBE set-up where I can get a turn zero win.

The idea of this guide is to free your game play when it comes to DDQ. It is pure progression PvE where you can, over time, use your entire roster towards self-defined puzzle goals.

If you’ve got others you use, please add them in the comments.

Comments

• Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That sounds like a lot of fun if only there was a simple way to search through our character list
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I use the same teams day after day in each DDQ node. I never change it up unless I'm forced to with required characters (like Behemoth Burrito).  I don't play DDQ for fun nor challenge. It is nothing more than a resource grab for me. I find it insulting that I'm forced to use 1-stars and 2-stars in it. Why am I advancing my roster if I have to keep coming back to these characters? I should just be able to crush it with my 4-stars. This is why I advance - to make my experience easier. It's not like three level 8 goons give my 1-star Spider-Man any trouble anyway, what difference does it make? 1-stars are like training wheels - they should come off your bike once you learn how to ride. There are plenty of opportunities in PvP and PvE to require the other characters. They should just open DDQ up (except Behemoth & Crash).
  • DavidAmaquelin
    DavidAmaquelin Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    Options

As i was reading Dormammu post, i remembered my first days in the game,where DDQ was a nightmare with undercovered 1*s and a victory was more than a miracle (and what about that prologue where Juggernaut was desperating).

Anyway, let´s talk about DDQ weird/fun teams.

It is true that 1* is an annoying node (especially if you just have Iron Man...).

Where you can experiment with different teams is in the waves node. Last days i was playing with "The Unwanted team".

Squirrel Girl/3lektra/SheHulk

Fire 2 times purple 3lektra and almost all of the strike tiles in the board are friendly.If not, use the She Hulk blue and get them back even stronger. Deny AP with SH green and protect the team with yellow SG.

Sometimes takes a while,but you can win without problems.

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I always use the same team for TBE: Medusa, 3Thanos, and 3Strange. I often finish it without ever gaining AP for moves. It's crazy fast.
  • MrKasady
    MrKasady Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    I actually have been doing themed teams Dat Required Character and TBE, but mostly for DRC. I was happy I could finally do Cap's Unity squad with 3Cap/Rogue/D3adpool when Rogue was introduced. If they ever get around to introducing Sunspot or Iron Patriot, I could do U.S.Avengers too.

@Colognoisseur , I have a feeling your 0-turn team involves MEHulk and 5Thanos somehow...
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't take it to the same extent, but yeah, DDQ is a fun place to mess around with stuff that isn't really usable in the main parts of the game.

In particular, I like trying to thematically link up my teams for DRC and TBE. For instance, when it was Elektra's turn, I added in Daredevil and Luke Cage. Or sometimes I'll take the Required character, someone random who I like but rarely use, and then find someone who's been on the bench for a while and will complete a rainbow team with those two.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only "fun" thing I do is try to win TBE in one match with my 3* Thanos, 5* Star-Lord and 4* Grocket.  I probably get it one in every 4-5 tries.

The only reason I do it is it is fun, but more importantly, it is also fast.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Colognoisseur said:  I also like seeing how far I can take my best 1* team (I’ve gotten it all the way through The Big Enchilada but it has to be an all-goon TBE)
    Out of curiosity, what 1* team did you use for this?  Also, was it the current format (1 wave of 6), old format (4 waves of 3) or both?   I've been running 1* Spider-Man, 1* Storm and Yelena for Under the Sea for a few months now, but they probably lack the punch for TBE.  I've never tried, though, and probably will tomorrow.

I generally find myself screwing around in the “Dat Required Character” node more than most.  Like @TPF Alexis, I often go with themes, but in addition to related comic characters I also go with uniforms (Steve, 4* Sam, Peggy; all white-clad X-Men, like CStorm, MNMags, Mystique, or Teen Jean; etc) or random pairings from PVE storylines (Howard/ Spider-Man/ Squirrel Girl from Sub 1 of Webbed Wonder; 4* Cage/ 3* Fist/ Strange from Strange Sights; etc).  

There’s also silly strategies like  using MNMags blue (at 5 covers) with Warmachine’s Red (also at 5 covers). It’s better with 4* Carol, but doable with any random third and I don’t generally need to worry about healing one or both of them if things go sideways.