More pve progression awards

First21
First21 Posts: 87 Match Maker
I'm thinking  thay should add more progression awards after the CPs. My thinking is thay should put more 4* covers or maybe a 5* cover and a big iso8 award like up to 10000 or more but this is my idea. What do you think what add after the CPs award?

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love to see rewards expanded both near the top and past the top in both PVE and PVP, there's no reason for gaps to be so large at the top, nor for rewards to end well below point totals many people reach every event.

But I expect extra tokens (standard/elite/event), occasional bits of ISO, and then maybe smaller rewards (a couple CP, nowhere near as big as the big rewards already in, or things like boosts and a health pack or two).

If they ever do expand rewards, I don't think we'll get anything big. You start giving away 4's or 5's or 10k ISO, even at only the highest ends of progression, and you'll crash the balance of the in-game economy. So I see zero chance of that happening.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that the XP is gone from completing PVE nodes, I find no reason to continue hitting nodes after the 5th clear.. I don't need useless boosts.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please don't add any more goals after current max progression. The grind is large enough without it.

I'm okay with more reward points in between, though.
  • Take_A_Pill
    Take_A_Pill Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    How about playing the same node for 2 hours every day for 1 latest token and 4 hours every day for 2 latest tokens ?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    First21 said:
    My thinking is thay should put more 4* covers or maybe a 5* cover and a big iso8 award like up to 10000 or more 
    I like this thinking. Why don't the developers think like this?  :p
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    Now that the XP is gone from completing PVE nodes, I find no reason to continue hitting nodes after the 5th clear.. I don't need useless boosts.
    XP for clears...   I missed that boat. 

Even as as a new player, with seasons PVP, it’s really hard to want to play for position in PVE.  It’s such a time suck and grind.  I do wish there was much more ISO in PVE.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    They could put replace the standard tokens, combat boosts, Heroic Tokens with 4* or 5* covers, and all iso-8 to 10,000 iso in SHIELD resupply instead. It saves us all the trouble. 
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    more pvp season progression rewards between 5k and 10k instead please...
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    I actually don't want additional progression rewards beyond what's currently the last one (the CP).  The current structure is fine by me.

I wouldn't object at all to additional progression rewards within the structure, though.  They don't even have to be good ones.  Toward the end, when I'm thinking "5000 points to go, then I've got the CP," I wouldn't mind a reward to break the increasingly long gaps.  Even a tiny thing like 100 ISO or 10 HP keeps me motivated and pressing on to those sweet CP.

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I reach max progression each PVE event and love the fact that I'm done even before the event is over. I would like more ISO though. Those 100 ISO progression rewards don't feel like an achievement when I reach them.
  • randomhero1090
    There's seasons for PVP, not sure why there isn't seasons for PVE.  Give me much more incentive to "complete" PVEs beyond max progression.

Could even be shorter seasons (1-2 weeks).  Like a "goon" season or some sort of theme.

Or, just longer PVE events.  That Sentry event a couple weeks back was nice.  Double rewards.  It just felt like I was getting MORE even though it was basically a "double" season.  I think it was a 7 day season.
  • randomhero1090
    edited April 2018
    Sorry double post, please delete.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    You play to a point for progression, and beyond that for placement. You've no doubt noticed the node rewards are tinykitty after 4 clears, too, and that's no accident. Placement rewards are your reward for playing past max prog.
    Were that this were true.  If you can't play optimally, playing to max prog and playing to 7 clears (even without tapping) are utterly identical (at least where I live in the ecosystem, in 7 or 8.1).
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    something for 100% clears though. 6/6 on everything, that should get you something. It wouldn't have to be much either. I'd be stoked for exp for maybe a piece or two of that mysterious red iso .....