The myth of RNG

Options
13»

Comments

• Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    RNG mechanic in games is terrible.  If you do something you should get the reward.

Would you want to be paid a random amount each week at your job?

if this game was based on a weaker property than Marvel, it would have been extinct years ago.
    The variable ratio scale of reinforcement is actually the most addictive form of reinforcement. It’s the same principle used in slot machines. The thing you hate is what makes addicts of us all!
  • Michaelcles
    Michaelcles Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    RNG mechanic in games is terrible.  If you do something you should get the reward.

if this game was based on a weaker property than Marvel, it would have been extinct years ago.
    The variable ratio scale of reinforcement is actually the most addictive form of reinforcement. It’s the same principle used in slot machines. The thing you hate is what makes addicts of us all!

Yep, that’s why legislators, including in the USA are looking at outlawing this sort of mechanic.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/11/22/16690182/battlefront-2-loot-crates-hawaii-belgium-banned-regulation-investigate

• Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Having folloed this tread I tried something new tonight. As previously mentioned, I do lightning round nodes 1231231231, but in the current one I got a yellow Thor from the first fight so I decided to keep doing that node until the seeds ran out. 6 fights later I had gotten 7 straight yellow Thors. These were very welcome since my rebuild started out 3/0/2.