Crazy Rosters

pseudotwentyone
pseudotwentyone Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
I'll start this off by saying I am far from in the loop as to what is considered a normal roster for players in this game, be it whales, hardcore players, etc. I got attacked in the lightning round last night and happened to click the guys name to see what his roster looked like.

I unfortunately cannot remember his name and wouldn't post it here anyways.  The first thing I noticed was the 4 fully champed lvl 370 Agent Coulsons. I thought, "wow, he must just really like that character." Then I started scrolling and my eyes got bigger and bigger as I saw he had multiples of all characters, all tiers, fully champed. A couple of 5 stars and 4 stars each, probably 5-10 of each 3 star, and close to 15 of each 2 star. Hundreds if not thousands of characters.

Is this normal? Should I report this kind of thing if I see it again? TBH it was very depressing and soured me from playing anymore last night, whether it was a real player or a cheater.  :/

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Probably just someone who spent a lot of Money on the game. There are a few guys like that out there, but you will only rarely be matched against them.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pretty sure I know who you mean. No, that's legit.
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2018
    Thar she blows! You spot a Super Whale!
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,182 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wait till you see those rosters with a whole bunch of lv550 5*.
  • Heartbreaksoup
    Heartbreaksoup Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    I wouldn't worry about it.  This reminds me of a used copy of the N64 GoldenEye that I bought once.  The previous owner had unlocked every cheat and completed every conceivable mission at the highest difficulty on all four save slots, when really only doing it on one of the slots was at all necessary.  Some players enjoy the challenge of topping themselves, and the player you have found is probably working on his or her fifth Agent Coulson right now.  Good luck to 'em, I say!
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's all about prestige. Think of them as trophies sitting on endless cabinets. 
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Yeah I know who you are talking about. He is a humongous whale and I’m not surprised you don’t remember his name as it’s fairly unusual.
  • KinDM
    KinDM Posts: 72 Match Maker
    There's also been a lot of whales getting ign changes in the past few months which are denied to us plebs. Usually if it's a well developed roster, it's legit .If it's 3 of each maxed 5* and nothing else, probably something fishy.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Speaking of crazy rosters, I was matched in PVP against a guy whose roster had no champed characters.  It looked like he had the majority of the 4* roster at level 270, and many levelled 5* characters.  Presumably it was some kind of personal challenge, rather than not knowing about the feature.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Was this person a King? Does the king even play anymore? I haven’t been able to find them on top pvp teams to admire their roster. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    chaos01 said:
    Was this person a King? Does the king even play anymore? I haven’t been able to find them on top pvp teams to admire their roster. 
    He is mostly casual. And allianceless. Mercs in for Boss events, I've seen.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    I seem to remember a similar topic recently...
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    chaos01 said:
    Is his name Elvis?
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Did he have like 16 max-champed Bagmen?  If so...he's legit.
  • pseudotwentyone
    pseudotwentyone Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for the feedback everyone, interesting replies. I agree, more power to them as long as they're having fun and supporting the game!

Too bad there is no trading system in the game, players like that would probably be making others VERY happy on a regular basis....
  • Kjeldbjerg
    Kjeldbjerg Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Iirc, he was actually reported when he first started showing up a long time ago, because his roster grew so fast. He was cleared by cs and then the players.