This is a great new change, wow!

Akari
Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
I just noticed this doing the join forces node in PvE, and wow, I'm really happy this change was made! It doesn't seem like it was specified in the patch notes though.

(just in case, I'm referring to the specifiying of the front Hitman, rather than just saying Hitman and making you guess which one)

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm confused, what change are you talking about? The Bounty Hunter thing is one of Valkyrie's powers.
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    I think he's referring to it stating which specific goon ("Front") it is targetting when there's multiples. 
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ah OK, see post has been edited also for clarification.
  • Akari
    Hmm, I tested with 5* Black Panther's black and it still would just say Hitman without saying Front/Back/Middle, so I guess this change is only for Valkyrie...
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akari said:
    Hmm, I tested with 5* Black Panther's black and it still would just say Hitman without saying Front/Back/Middle, so I guess this change is only for Valkyrie...

No surprise. They usually don't take changes for new characters and apply them to others, such as Lockjaw being able to count colored tiles to tell you the ability but Nightcrawler can't.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Akari said:

No surprise. They usually don't take changes for new characters and apply them to others, such as Lockjaw being able to count colored tiles to tell you the ability but Nightcrawler can't.
    I'm still a bit alarmed that they haven't fixed this. It's such a simple, useful, and expected function. It would essentially be a buff for Nightcrawler without even changing his abilities.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Akari Have you noticed if it updates if the enemy order changes?
  • Akari
    It does update. It says Front/Middle/Back accordingly. Pretty amazing!
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    It does.

Say you've got a Thug, a Hitman-Middle and Hitman-Back. Valkyrie's power targets Hitman-Back. You rotate who is in front by one person, now you've got Hitman-Front, Hitman-Middle, and Thug. Valkyrie's power will say it targets Hitman-Middle. It updates as you rotate, nice and neat.
  • Caprila
    Caprila Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Akari said:

I remember this was asked on discord at some point and one of the devs said that Lockjaw's power is secretly six powers that swap (based on the number of tiles on the board). And the description for each color is hardcoded. This made sense for the power since it does 6 very different things.

The ability to dynamically change the color most present on the board in a description is not a thing they can currently do, which is why Nightcrawler doesn't use it. And omitting it and adding the code later is easier than re-implementing Nightcrawler's ability as 6 separate powers with different swapping descriptions.

That said, I do remember them going back and adding the alternate power descriptions to older characters after Cloak and Dagger came out.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby Would it be possible to get this feature for all powers targeting specific characters?
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    In that case, i'd also like to see which character put up a certain countdown tile. Always a guess when fighting two or three of the same goons.
  • KinDM
    KinDM Posts: 72 Match Maker
    @dogface , select the goon or rotate to a goon . Their countdown tiles will pulse so you can see whose is whose. 
  • Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    Dogface said:
    In that case, i'd also like to see which character put up a certain countdown tile. Always a guess when fighting two or three of the same goons.
    when you select the goon, their countdowns flash on the board
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Thanks, didn't know that.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    DeNappa said:
    Brigby Would it be possible to get this feature for all powers targeting specific characters?
    I think it depends on the specific wording of the ability, to determine which ones can have this change potentially applied to it, however did you have any specific characters in mind?
  • Akari
    edited March 2018
    Caprila said:
    Akari said:

I remember this was asked on discord at some point and one of the devs said that Lockjaw's power is secretly six powers that swap (based on the number of tiles on the board). And the description for each color is hardcoded. This made sense for the power since it does 6 very different things.

The ability to dynamically change the color most present on the board in a description is not a thing they can currently do, which is why Nightcrawler doesn't use it. And omitting it and adding the code later is easier than re-implementing Nightcrawler's ability as 6 separate powers with different swapping descriptions.

That said, I do remember them going back and adding the alternate power descriptions to older characters after Cloak and Dagger came out.
    Does this mean that Rogue's green is also considered to be 3 separate powers, based on who is in front of enemy team?

Akari said:
    Brigby said:
    DeNappa said:
    Brigby Would it be possible to get this feature for all powers targeting specific characters?
    I think it depends on the specific wording of the ability, to determine which ones can have this change potentially applied to it, however did you have any specific characters in mind?
    4* Gamora red, 5* Black Panther black, 5* Ghost Rider red. I think the idea of specifically targeting a character and having them be affected is a newer mechanic, so perhaps there aren't many others.
    4* Gamora red, 5* Black Panther black, 5* Ghost Rider red. I think the idea of specifically targeting a character and having them be affected is a newer mechanic, so perhaps there aren't many others.

Edit: @Brigby you never read my Discord message :(