lockjaw 12 cover
240 cp saved up

3 on the vine who to champ 89 votes

champ night crawler
1%
Steellatch 1 vote
Champ America
87%
Dragon_NexusZeiramMRPorkBellyKolenceYasuruSpiritclawQuebbsterNeuromancerHadronicxKOBALTxDartmaster01pillaroffaith23AXP_ismechrisHBleh5snlf25chaos01ZootSaxHendrossAionTeleos 78 votes
Champ lockjaw.
0%
Just get covers
11%
DeNappaTiggidaprofessorplum9Oriontiger92882brollbigsmoothHistamielpurplemurPtahhotep 10 votes

Comments

• BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Champ America
    I’m not that deep into the 4* tier but this one seems pretty straightforward. Chavez, NC, save iSO, Lockjaw.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champ America
    America easily. Then Nightcrawler. Then Lockjaw.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Champ America
    Champ America. She's amazing. I actually do think Lockjaw is a bit underrated and should be champed before Nightcrawler in an all things equal situation.
  • Tintaiwan
    Tintaiwan Posts: 172 Tile Toppler
    Champ America. She's amazing. I actually do think Lockjaw is a bit underrated and should be champed before Nightcrawler in an all things equal situation.
    Really, wait on nightcrawler?  explain a little of lockjaws utility...  what am I missing?

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champ America
    Yeah, America first. Then possibly again if you can. She is that awesome. :)
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Champ America
    Chavez go first 100%. Between NC and Dogy, I'd say BAMF!ing winfinite is fun, but Lockjaw nice working with Medusa and Carnage thanks to his yellow passive. Still I'm gonna say: America, NC and then Lockjaw.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Chavez go first 100%. Between NC and Dogy, I'd say BAMF!ing winfinite is fun, but Lockjaw nice working with Medusa and Carnage thanks to his yellow passive. Still I'm gonna say: America, NC and then Lockjaw.
    Yeah Lockjaw works on team that SO many others work as well or better on (Carndusa).  May pair well with Thor not sure. The difference between the two is negligible though. Chavez is the only clear winner. In my most recent rankings (I need to update here) I have Chavez 6, Crawler 37 and Lockjaw 48. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Just get covers
    True answer:  None, don't spend your CP on covers.  With ~10 chances odds aren't terrible that you would get the 13th for one of these anyway then you have your answer from RNGsus.

Runner up: Chavez, she's the only one that would be worth spending CP to save.
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Champ America
    Yeah Lockjaw works on team that SO many others work as well or better on (Carndusa).  May pair well with Thor not sure. The difference between the two is negligible though. Chavez is the only clear winner. In my most recent rankings (I need to update here) I have Chavez 6, Crawler 37 and Lockjaw 48. 
    With Thoress/IM40 you will use only his green, for boosting Thor dmg and some passive dmg if you got lucky place right color charge tile. But you will need double Power Surge, to stun 2 and kill 3rd, so they won't utilize all those charges. With Carndusa there's more usability with him. He'll constantly jumping in front with yellow and firing blue with various effects (weak, but still handy). It's more like difference between old school 4* meta and now day's: get more ap and fire hard, or utilize special tiles and passives. He's not bad overall in right team, but, hey, why use him if you got Gramodusa?
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    This will probably be the only time you will ever hear me say this, but America first.

Other folks don't seem to like the big doggie as much as me, but as a player who loves flooding boards with special tiles, Lockjaw is a big, slobbering chomp to the other team (he's basically 3* Doc Ock for your side).
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champ America
    This will probably be the only time you will ever hear me say this, but America first.

Other folks don't seem to like the big doggie as much as me, but as a player who loves flooding boards with special tiles, Lockjaw is a big, slobbering chomp to the other team (he's basically 3* Doc Ock for your side).
    The issue with Lockjaw is Medusa. Medusa does what he does but better, really. In terms of special tiles, at least.

If anyone matches special tiles with Medusa, you'll get something. If you match them with Lockjaw you get nothing. you rely on the enemy doing it.

That said his DoT with charged tiles is pretty good. His blue is...kinda meh. But it can help out in a pinch if there's enough yellow on the board.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2018
    The issue with Lockjaw is Medusa. Medusa does what he does but better, really. In terms of special tiles, at least.
    I can't disagree with any of what you're saying, but there is a minor quibbling distinction: Lockjaw also defends friendly countdowns (I'm not sure I've ever tested other types, like invisibility or traps), so he plays with some other characters that Medusa is less useful with, like Coulson, Hawkguy, or 4* Star-Lord.

But really, I just like the big lug (and the chance to see some other Inhumans who will probably never be playable, even if their power effects are, at best, lackluster).
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think there's a team for Lockjaw, and maybe it's The Royal Family everybody loves so much. Mordo/Lady Thor may also be solid. He does a bunch of passive damage if yellow is at 5 covers, and green is at 5 covers he'll do it with charge tiles out. Putting him with Medusa or somebody else that can spam out specials easily is probably a good choice. I'd like to test if Valkyrie will create yellow specials if he is using Loyal Protector.
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Champ America
    Upon reflection I change my vote!  @Broll is right.  Spending 120 CP for that one America cover isn't something I'd do myself so I can't really suggest it to someone else.  

Were it me I'd BH America and pull Classics until I got the 13th cover, but I can use most of the covers I'd pull that way and strengthen my roster as a whole.  Depends on how likely it is your pulls would also wind up on the vine, I guess.

• purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Just get covers
    I love all three!
    America is in latest so I would NOT spend 120 on her. She'll come around again pretty quickly. (That kick though!)
    Nightcrawler  He has three good powers but is mostly as playable at 12 covers than a champ.  In the meta of banking AP his red hits pretty reliably, his AoE dodge is always nice, bamfed to death is probably the most FUN takedown you can do. achievement unlocked type of stuff.
    Lockjaw is awesome! Defensive damage is like MTV; you get your money for nothing and your hits for free, Then he bites you again right before bolt/gambit blasts you. He ramps 'merica, works well with Dr. Jane, I think he complements Medusa rather than competes. he is just fun to bring along! His blue puts the puzzle back into MPQ. It actually gives tremendous value: you trade power for possibility. He might also have the most art. I am totally biased; I used to ask for him by name and I just got my 13th and am racing to champ him so he's respec'd for venom Bomb. BUT. even then: it is not worth 120 cp

when I get to that rotten fruit mode where you are desperate to not waste a cover I open and close the game every time I take a break hoping it will trigger the HfH offer. I don't know if it helps, I get the offer about half the time I have a useless cover. I burnt 2 of NC red before getting his 13th offer with yet another red on the vine. Hoping and hoarding are better than using all that CP to save a few select covers.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Champ America
    Champ America. 

Side note: This poll offends me as it doesn’t have a negative option (unless you count champing Lockjaw, he’s awful).