GAMDUSA to the Rescue!!!!!

ZeroKarma
ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
I felt compelled to write a tribute to this Scrapper 142 event. I have not used Gambit AT ALL! 

I don't think this will work quite as well for GSBW's event, but the combination of Gamora and Medusa in this event has been able to take on all comers including 500+ Gamthor teams, and been a breath of fresh air. 

Normally, I can only play around with non-Gambit teams when I'm not climbing at the beginning of an event, but I've been running with it the whole time. 

Comments

• Yepyep
    Yepyep Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Yes, I played against this combo a couple of time in the Scrapper event and it was a tough fight every time! On offense I didn't love the team but, like Gamora-Grocket, it's a beast on defense. I avoided it after a while running Medusa-Bl4de on offense.
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Actually, Valkyrie having quite a role in this combo. Not only she feeding you with strongest color, but she drops strikes every time Medusa's tile hit you. Same goes on opposite team. You just forgetting about Mrs.Tapper 142 and start hitting her teammates, while she filling the board with weak yellow strike. Then you using them to feed Gamy's blue and Medusa purple. Stun opposite Medusa to prevent healing, steel and buff those tiles with Hair Meddle and repeat till all enemies are dead.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I didn't bother playing the PVP event, but Valkyrie is a champ on the 4E node (even at only a couple of covers) with boosted 4* Blade.  Hit a couple of bounties and you're basically guaranteed infinite Bloodlust.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    I played Valkyrie with Medusa. Bad thing is bounty hunter keeps pumping out useless yellow tiles.
  • tiger92882
    tiger92882 Posts: 90 Match Maker
    I don't have Gambit so I've been auto-skipping him in every event. I got cocky after beating a couple 470+ Bolt/DD/Thor type teams and decided to take on the Ace. I won 6 out of 8 matches against champ'd Gambits with Gamora/Medusa and my level 188 Valkyrie. I think this will only work for some people though. Gamora needs to be a higher level than Medusa so that you are generating 4 red AP each turn instead of 4 yellow AP and you need to have Gamora and Medusa 300+ unboosted minimum, 325+ to be reliable
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,391 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    I actually liked running Nico/Medusa in there. It was a weak defense team, but I climbed to just under 600 on 2 health packs before getting hit relentlessly lol. I also generally like running G4mora/Vulture on offense, because of that cheap stun. If you go in with a few blue and black AP, and can get the stun drop on them, you can beat somebody running Gambit/Thor champs on offense. Then be sad as they relentlessly grind your defense team into the dust in retaliation, but still.
  • MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    I used Blade/Medusa, lost multiple times to Gamora/Medusa, when she got enough blue to stun me.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    This has been an interesting event to see Valkyrie's capabilities. The free strikes amp up Thor's Asgardian Tactics big time, and the bounties let him pile up green for his AOE (the downside is that her strikes can fill the yellow tiles and block him from placing protect tiles). She also allows Daredevil to heal quickly. Overall, I think she's going to be fun to play, with some good synergies.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    The final event of the season will be extremely interesting as well since 3* Gambit is the featured character. Assuming no glitches, I expect to see a wide variety of teams that we haven’t seen since Gambit’s release.

Not that the devs need any reminder of the Gambit situation but they may be able to pull some interesting data from an event where Gambit doesn’t exist @Brigby
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 3,190 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got plenty of mileage out of Grocket + Valkryie. Rockets strike tiles meant that virtually every turn I collected the 3 ap bounty of Red as long as I switched to the bounty target. That meant Gamora was able to use her Red WAY more often than I've ever used it before.

She's going to be useful on a *lot* of teams.

On defense it's she's going to be less useful because outside of creating strike tiles the AI has no way to collect the bounty because it can't switch targets.

KGB
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Gam Dusa + Blade in basically any combo this event was lethal with Valkyrie passive.  Loved the event.  Only used gambit for hops at end.