Line and Discord

Daredevil217
Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
So I don’t know how either of these apps work or if one is better than the other, but I just decided to download/try out Line on a whim. Wondering how to go about finding some good rooms.  Can I search or is it invite only (and if so how do I get invited)?

Comments

• shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    ask in game chat if your alliance has one.  That would be the place to start.
  • redviper85
    redviper85 Posts: 62 Match Maker
    edited March 2018
    invite only. ask in your alliance if anyone is in a LINE group. from what i've seen they are pretty segregated along alliance groups with a few bigger rooms where everyone plays nice with each other. You'll also need someone to go over the lingo with you. 

When i joined it was intimidating for the first 5 minutes but it clicks pretty fast 

also posting your name will help. if it's not Daredevil217 that is
  • Daredevil217
    edited March 2018
    They’re pretty casual so I doubt it. And I choose the name Doom. Weird it wasn’t taken.  Or maybe you can have more than one?

wondering if there are any rooms on line that track bracket flips and those that just discuss the game casually.  Characters, upcoming features, etc. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    They’re pretty casual so I doubt it. And I choose the name Doom. Weird it wasn’t taken.  Or maybe you can have more than one?

wondering if there are any rooms on line that track bracket flips and those that just discuss the game casually.  Characters, upcoming features, etc. 
    Yes.  your looking for the pve and pvp bracket count rooms.  and yes there is a room dedicated to mpq issues.

There are 3 or 4 major pve bracket count rooms.  It doesn't matter which one you join.  They are are all cross linked with each other and all share the same info.

There only one general purpose pvp bracket count room that tracks on all 5 shards.  But these aren't as throughly updated as the pve bracket rooms.  With that said, almost every shard or alliance family will have their own focused bracket rooms specific to their shard.  and those are updated continually.

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ask in game chat if your alliance has one.  That would be the place to start.

It doesn't. Unless they started since I quit. :)

DD, search me out and we can start talking. I'll PM you.

• OldManWolvs
    OldManWolvs Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    You should really have your forum/Line/ign be the same so the community can better identify you. Good luck 
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    I mentioned to you the other day actually, just hit anyone up on here who mentions Line. There are several groups out there for all different things. 

Personally, I’d recommend changing alliance to a Line-friendly family, as each group had their own discussions and often, their own PvE and PvP related rooms. Message me again if you want some impartial help!
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    OJSP said:
    Doc L said:
    I mentioned to you the other day actually, just hit anyone up on here who mentions Line. 
    When I first read it, I read that as: just hit anyone here who mentions Line.
    Yeah some people on here use that strategy, I think.

And seriously, make your Line name match your in-game name.  Makes things a lot easier for you in the long run.
  • Daredevil217
    Alright. Well I just figured out how to set my line ID (daredevil217, same as my in game name and forum name!). I can’t search for people any more because I tried (and failed) too many times searching for Queb (kept saying not found and now telling me i need to wait before searching again lol). But I shall try again later. Thanks for all the help!
  • Doc L
    Doc L Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    OJSP said:
    Doc L said:
    I mentioned to you the other day actually, just hit anyone up on here who mentions Line. 
    When I first read it, I read that as: just hit anyone here who mentions Line.
    Haha, I hadn't even thought of it like that, though perhaps that is a valid PvP strategy, certainly for some people.

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    **Discussing how to obtain spoiler information is against the rules. Please refrain from doing so. Thanks!**
  • Xaelrad
    Xaelrad Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Anyone have the discord link 
  • St_Bernadus
    St_Bernadus Posts: 631 Critical Contributor
    The Discord is linked on the MPQ reddit page. I always go there via that.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    So I don’t know how either of these apps work or if one is better than the other, but I just decided to download/try out Line on a whim. Wondering how to go about finding some good rooms.  Can I search or is it invite only (and if so how do I get invited)?
    If you’re interested in PVP rooms let me know. I’ll point you in the right direction depending on spice anyway.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you’re interested in PVP rooms let me know. I’ll point you in the right direction depending on spice anyway.
    His post was from March of this year. This is why people should not necromancer topics. Much of this info will be outdated and no longer useful.
  • BigSoftieFF
    BigSoftieFF Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    tiomono said:
    His post was from March of this year. This is why people should not necromancer topics. Much of this info will be outdated and no longer useful.
    Lol sure enough. I didn’t look at the dates of posts cause the mods are usually pretty on top of necro bumps. Thanks for the heads up @tiomono
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    **Locking thread to avoid any further confusion. If you wish to discuss this topic, please start a new thread. Thank you!**
This discussion has been closed.