Training heroes

maltyo9
maltyo9 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
I know this will get moved to Bugs and Technical Issues, but wanted to post here first to see if anyone else has noticed it.

I have a max covered OBW, and my second was at 1/4/5.  When I went to apply the cover through the queue, it prompted me to pick which power to lower.  Once I went to the actual character screen, I was able to apply the cover.

Anyone else?

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think that's a bug. Working as intended. Dupes make the recruit queue a bit of a hassle.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    you get that message because your champed OBW has less 5 covers in black and blue.  the system is trying to give you the option of respecing the champ or applying the cover the dupe.

its an extra step for sure,  but its there to slow you down and help prevent appying covers to the wrong dupe.
  • LeaveMyCookies
    LeaveMyCookies Posts: 62 Match Maker
    But even if it's a "feature", why would it prompt us to change the power level of a champion power when it's actually free to do that? And what happens if you agree? Does it increase the champ level or what?
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    But even if it's a "feature", why would it prompt us to change the power level of a champion power when it's actually free to do that? And what happens if you agree? Does it increase the champ level or what?
    I guess you just change your spec using that cover. Like the old time's... Don't know why we still have this option. For gathering more XP from respecing your champed character using covers, maybe?
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    ususally its because your champed char is

4/4/5  and your dupe is 1/2/5

if the cover is from the 1st 2 colors then the 1st check happens when the App ask you if you want to apply the cover to the 4/4/5 champ or the 1/2/5 dupe.

This is important because raising a level and training means two slightly different things. on a 13 cover champion vs a non champ chara.

1a. Raising a level on a non champed character means spending iso that can't be reversed.

1b. Raising a level on a champed char means applying the cover to raise the champ level. which can't be reversed out (i.e. if you accidently raise the champ level.  you'll no longer have the cover to fix a build and or unlock the lt at 166.  (There are definitely situations where having a dupe can be super advantageous)

2a.  Training a non champed char means apply the cover (which can't be reversed.

2b.  Training a champed char is a free respec (that can be fixed, if you made a mistake)

Those might seem like minor semantic differences,  but players can easily misunderstand the terms and options and be stuck with an irreversible build.

Extending this even further. you could be in this situation.

Champed 3/5/5
    dupe at 2/5/5 

You open the mid season 10 back..
    but you have the 2nd color on the vine.

You happen to draw the first color....

if you try to apply to covers from the que,  you run a very real risk of applying the cover in the wrong order.  I.e.  the system adds the extra champ level to existing champ which just spits out something minor, instead of apply the champ level to a166 baby champ and getting the lt.

There are lots of ways that players can miss-understand the developers verbiage,  so its almost always safer to apply dupe covers via the character menu instead of the que menu.