HFH back - then gone again

badsaj
badsaj Posts: 73 Match Maker
When I opened the game this morning the store appeared to be back. I had the option of 5* ock, 5* thor and 4* Medusa. I was hoping I'd get the elusive 5-5-2-with-a-cover-on-the-vine offer for my Nico, but when I opened it again just now and it was only Thor available. Did they try and put it back and have to shut it down again?

Comments

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    The Medusa was upcoming for her Crash of the Titans, when Hulkbuster is done.  You only see the upcoming offers if there are at least 2 current offers.  Since the Doc Ock's essential event is over, he is no longer available, Thor is the only offer, so the upcoming offer of Medusa is no longer visible.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

What I want to know is why Doc Ock was 250 CP, yet Thor is 500 CP.

Yeah, I know the consensus is that Thor is much better than Doc Ock, but does that justify the difference in cost?

(It's a moot point personally, I've never managed to keep more than 70 CP at any one time.)

• hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler

What I want to know is why Doc Ock was 250 CP, yet Thor is 500 CP.

Yeah, I know the consensus is that Thor is much better than Doc Ock, but does that justify the difference in cost?

(It's a moot point personally, I've never managed to keep more than 70 CP at any one time.)

In HfH Classic 5* cost 250 cp, Latest cost 500 cp. While event started before Thor was moved by JJ from Latest, he still cost 500 cp. Next event, when he will be essential, his cost will be 250.
  • Akatosh
    Akatosh Posts: 51 Match Maker
    edited March 2018
    I thought this would be fixed with R149, but I was wrong, I have a 2/5/5 Shuri with 2 covers dying on the vine, and I was hoping that with the update I would have a chance to get the "Missing Cover" offer, but I think I'll have to say goodbye to one of them....
  • badsaj
    badsaj Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Akatosh said:
    I thought this would be fixed with R149, but I was wrong, I have a 2/5/5 Shuri with 2 covers dying on the vine, and I was hoping that with the update I would have a chance to get the "Missing Cover" offer, but I think I'll have to say goodbye to one of them....
    Or pay the 120 cp if you have it. I was hoping for the offer too for Nico, Assuming I get enough iso to champ her (another 110,000) in the next 4 1/2 days, I'll probably spend the 120 cp. I just have this unreasonable opposition to letting covers go to waste. That's what makes me a good customer. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    badsaj said:
    Akatosh said:
    Or pay the 120 cp if you have it. I was hoping for the offer too for Nico, Assuming I get enough iso to champ her (another 110,000) in the next 4 1/2 days, I'll probably spend the 120 cp. I just have this unreasonable opposition to letting covers go to waste. That's what makes me a good customer. 
    I too have an unreasonable opposition to letting covers go to waste. But my opposition to shell out 120 cp on a 4* is even bigger
  • aziraphale
    aziraphale Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    I have the offer for my 5/0/5 nico with zero covers waiting, unfortunately I needed it for my 2/5/5 MEH with a cover set to expire in 16 hours. Oh well. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Got an offer for my 2/5/5 BP and I have what will be a 14th cover expiring in 6 days. I’ll be taking that and champing him sooner than expected. 
  • SymmeTrey
    SymmeTrey Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2018
    I got the offer on my 2/5/5 Riri. So, it's out there, but, the parameters remain as mysterious as ever. I only had the unusable cover for 2 days before I got the offer.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Yes I was happy to see the offer was back for my Rogue as I had two covers on the vine, so shes champed now. Hopefully will get one for Moon Knight too as I just got a 13th cover

Unfortunately Luke Cage missed out as his 13th cover was when they temporarily took away the HFH offer
  • jtsings
    jtsings Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018

I have the offer for my 5/0/5 nico with zero covers waiting, unfortunately I needed it for my 2/5/5 MEH with a cover set to expire in 16 hours. Oh well. 

I too was offered a green cover in HFH for my 5/0/5 Rhulk with no covers on the vine.  Interesting, I've never had that happen before.  
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    Part of me feels I should set my 5/2/5 Jane Thor as a BH in case the offer goes away again. Her Yellow is the only cover I need in the 4* tier to have everyone but Valkyrie max covered.

However:

1) I’m not touching my CP/LT hoard until Archie/Rider are gone

2) I don’t have a lot of iso to champ her (though probably could in 2 weeks.)

3) While I have about 160 Heroics I could toy around with trying to get a BH, I risk pulling threes I don’t have the Iso to re-champ.

4) I’m in full on hoarding mode until we get details on this mystery feature. 

Happy that it’s back at least for now!

• gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Looks like HfH is back, I'm missing a 13th cover for XF Wolverine and surprise, surprise they have a black cover on offer.  I really needed this for my Wasp :(
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 10,104 Chairperson of the Boards
    jtsings said:

I too was offered a green cover in HFH for my 5/0/5 Rhulk with no covers on the vine.  Interesting, I've never had that happen before.  
    Make that 3 - I got an offer for a 0/5/5 Nightcrawler with no covers on the vine for him.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    In some ways, getting the offer for a 5/5/0 character is more useful than for a 5/5/2 character so this may be an intentional "upgrade" to their logic.
    It won't immediately save covers on the vine, but does make it far more likely for you to complete a character that was considered "hopeless".  And it also opens up the door for then buying the last 2 covers with cp, or possibly just one with cp before another h4h offer pops up.  Some percentage of users will do this, particularly if it's a high value character.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    The 055 offer is not new. It was there ever since the inception of the “secret/bonus” HFH offer.  
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    Got an offer for my 5/3/4 Elektra... lol.
  • LavaManLee
    LavaManLee Posts: 1,414 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just got an offer for my MEH 2/5/5.  I have two covers on the vine right now.