OT: Anyone else notice the forum software is really, really good?

2»

Comments

• Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    I mean being able to jump to the new comments without scrolling through old content
    Unfortunately, I only seem to notice this when I'm trying to look at the sneak peak thread, where I only want to see the first post, and it keeps jumping me to page seven.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean being able to jump to the new comments without scrolling through old content
    Unfortunately, I only seem to notice this when I'm trying to look at the sneak peak thread, where I only want to see the first post, and it keeps jumping me to page seven.
    This used to work really well on mobile in a specific way, but has since become broken. 

My habit was to come to a board,  say the General Discussion, and any thread that had new posts I'd tap and hold then choose to open the thread in a new page. I'd do that for any thread I'd been following, so for instance I could have a dozen pages open at once. 

Each page would jump to the most recent unread post and life was great. I would read that thread to the end, close the page and go to a new thread and read that one to the end and so on. 

A few months ago, something switched and instead of going to the most recent unread post it would just go to the top of the page that had the most recent post. I'd still have to scroll to find it. 

However, if I just tap on the thread without opening it in a new page, it still goes to the most recent unread post. A small change, but very annoying and much less efficient when you're trying to catch up on multiple threads at once. 
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    The old software had the capacity to jump to the most recent post, if you chose, by clicking on the page icon to the left of the title. That's fairly standard for BB forums.

Now I find myself having to scroll back up to see things like the Crash list.

I also miss BB code and being able to deal with quoted posts in a sensible fashion.