Phoenix rising from the ashes too soon [Solved]

Waddles_Pines
Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
I was playing the last round of Sim and it was the 5* Doc Ock mission.  I attacked Phoenix and downed her.  Enemies turn and she popped back up from the ashes.  Her power is a 1 turn countdown, so she shouldn't have risen until the following turn.  I believe I was using Doc/Gamora/Medusa... I don't think anybody on the enemy team had any powers that accelerated countdowns...

//Edited Title -Brigby

Comments

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    She places the 1-turn countdown on your turn (when you down her), then at the start of the AI's turn it counts down to 0, thus resurrecting her.
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks Moose.  The order of operation gets a lil confusing sometimes.  
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    Had this happen to me, too, and my first thought was also that it was bugged, then I remembered it's a 1-turn counter.

Note to self: Don't down Phoenix with match damage when she's not the last opponent.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    JSP869 said:
    Had this happen to me, too, and my first thought was also that it was bugged, then I remembered it's a 1-turn counter.

Note to self: Don't down Phoenix with match damage when she's not the last opponent.
    There are a few safe ways to do this... if every red tile is already a special tile and no new ones drop in, or if 5* Thanos purple is out it will prevent a countdown from being made, but generally, it's best to save her for last even if you think you have a pretty good way to destroy the countdown.