Optimism and Updates

Spiritclaw
Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
I've been thinking about what sort of update would make the changes to the Steam UI seem worthwhile.  What updates in the past really changed the game for the better?

I'd say the addition of Deadpool's Daily Quest was a big one for me.  It changed the way progression into the 3* tier went, and made it a lot less random.

What past updates did you guys like?

Comments

• hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    Championing and SCL are most for me. Crash of the Titans was a big deal when it was introduced. Those first runs had a lot of emotions.
  • Spiritclaw
    Yeah, those were all very good things.
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    I've been thinking about what sort of update would make the changes to the Steam UI seem worthwhile.  What updates in the past really changed the game for the better?

Champing. Gave meaning to what was before just an endless stream of wasted covers. Nothing has been a bigger change. 

Presumably some significant change is coming to the training and rewards claim UIs. Something they are only building once at this point, which is why parts of the mobile UI was forced onto Steam.

I am hoping beyond hope that the new UI will be an improvement for both platforms. Not a minor change. but a real overhaul.
    I'm guessing that's why there's so quiet on the forums. Like complete silence before the storm. Smelling something big coming.
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 1,600 Chairperson of the Boards
    Given the incomplete UI that was visible within the game, I wonder if it is some way to sell unwanted covers for a new currency that can be used to buy other covers?

If it is like other mobile games, the exchange rate will be pretty bad in order to protect existing revenue streams, but it might be more palatable than the current iso price for selling covers.
  • Spiritclaw
    Supports look interesting.  Presumably, this is the new feature responsible for the screwed up interface.  As long as they restore the better interface in a reasonable amount of time, I'm prepared to call this a win.  (Assuming that "not on the top of the priority list" isn't the same as "never going to do it!")
  • NeonBlue
    NeonBlue Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    B O N U S H E R O
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crash of the Titans was a big deal when it was introduced. Those first runs had a lot of emotions.
    Agreed, now that the majority of my 4* are championed, it has become stale. Crash of Titans needs to be daily, the 5* 1 vs 3 node should replace it. Now that will bring back challenge (especially when it's the undercovered 5*s). Have the reward be the new support items/characters/red iso