aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
edited May 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Forum post.

Comments

• madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018
    Season 10k achieved? PvP 1.2k? Sub event and event placement also has a lot of CP too (So tapping could help?)

EDIT- Forgot to mention : I don't think I could do it though. 250 in 3 days just seems a lot. Maybe if I went mad and placed T1 in everything. But that's moot because I am sitting on 2.5k CP and bunch of non legendary tokens :p
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    Sadly no, I couldn't do it in 3 days either. I've been tracking resources recently and in the last 10 days I have gained 483 cp. So at 48.3 per day, it would take me 5-6 days. But I always keep a baseline of each currency in-game, 400k iso, 5k hp, and 250 cp, so I can champ anyone 4* or below in a pinch or buy any special offers.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,050 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 days? No. But a week?..... it’s possible. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    My general estimate is that I can earn around 300 CP in a week, so I could probably not pull off 250 in three days 150 maybe, with a little luck.
    Going to make sure I have a buffer for next Classic run when Black Bolt should be featured, in case they offer a non-green cover. Only have around 50 days before the Resupply drops an unusable green...
  • Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    On average, hitting top 5 in all events (and not buying) will get you about 45 cp and 1 LT per day. So 3 days, if timed right with event ends, can get 150cp and 6 LT (12 pulls). High end play will usually gain about 90-100 pulls per season. Just enough to champ a 5*. It is almost like it was planned that way!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    You could do it with a big enough hoard. Hoarding is power. Hoarding is life. 
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    Hoarding is boring
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dogface said:
    Hoarding is boring
    pulling one at a time can be extremely disappointing.
  • NotBAMF
    NotBAMF Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    jredd said:
    Dogface said:
    Hoarding is boring
    pulling one at a time can be extremely disappointing.
    I have pulled 50 at a time before and been extremely disappointed. RNG gonna RNG. 
  • justsing
    justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
    It took me about 6 days to build up 250ish CP, but that probably involved lucky timing with events ending and champ rewards.

I’ve gotten to the point where I’m just pulling as I go and only hoarding when I’m too lacking in ISO or when I’ve fully covered a Latest 5*. It seems to have worked out okay, at least with Gambit and Thor fully covered but not leveled.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    I accumulated a bit under 200 in 3 days to buy the SS h5h. But that was with judicious use of standard and elite BH odds, and a well aged 3* stable
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    It's possible, just bonus hero 3 and 4s that are due cp rewards for their next cover.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    So if you take PVE cl9, possibly 2PVP and DPDQ for 3 days.  CL9 progression rewards is 40 CP, 1200 in 2 PVP is 50, DPDQ is 6 and 5* essential nodes plus 4* and hard node is 5 per day so 15.  So 111 CP in 3 days is possible without champ rewards or buying.  If you go 4 days it is 118 CP.  I think 250 CP would be really aggressive for 3-4 days even opening a massive hoard of tokens.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor

But I always keep a baseline of each currency in-game, 400k iso, 5k hp, and 250 cp, so I can champ anyone 4* or below in a pinch or buy any special offers.
    Wise advice, but why not bank 600K iso, in case you need to rush champ a 5? Or are you able to softcap those as you go?
    I've always felt like it was easy enough to get the extra 150k iso in 14 days. Also that situation doesn't come around often, if I'm planning on champing a 5* it's usually a long time in the making. If I'm hoarding, I'll save for all 3 5*s.
  • madoctor
    madoctor Posts: 292 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2018
    Most of the time, I will keep the character at their base level, and straight champ characters based on what my pending rewards has. I like to keep some ISO always banked up. Only exception when I level before champing someone is a) either for crash of the Titans (not applicable for new release) or b) For their PvP event/SHIELD Training (applicable for new releases).

For example, I have been working to champ BP (1 cover expiring in a few hours from now) I had the iso to champ when I pulled him from JJ store, but I had Mr.F and a few 2/3s pending before him to work on, so I champed all those, and will easily champ him today with the 8x max 2* I have to sell. My vine always dictates what I am champing next, rarely pouring ISO into characters before I am going to champ.

EDIT - Basically it is my opinion that everyone should keep a samll bank of all resources at all times, to prevent getting stuck into a situation where they WANT TO champ someone, but aren't able to do so simple because they couldn't get the required resource (cover/ISO/HP for vault pulls/CP for HfH) in the required time.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it depends a lot on the current state of your 3-4* farms. I'm not exactly a top shelf sort of player, but I've been pulling well over a hundred tokens per season for a considerable span of time, though I expect a lull shortly, with a quarter of my 3* preparing or already in their fallow dupe-building period