HfH 4-stars new Cycle?

Ares76
Ares76 Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
I remember that the Hero-for-Hire-offer being attached to the Crash of the Titans-Rotation for the whole 5 days began last time when Hulkbuster was featured.
Today was Hulkbuster again...and they are offering his 1st Color (red) in the HfH-store again?!?
Am I Missing Something? I was expecting his 2nd Color. And was plannig to buy some 2nd Color-covers for the upcoming CotT-characters. Now I'm unsure if there will be a pattern or not.

Comments

• Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    They always offer the 1st cover.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shintok17 said:
    They always offer the 1st cover.
    Not for the three-stars. Or the fivestars. This is the first time there was a second HfH offer for a fourstar, it was not unreasonable to assume they would offer the second color the coming cycle.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    I still don't understand why we cannot choose which color we want to buy. Oftentimes I would buy the deal but because I don't need the cover they are losing out on a sale.

Now that HfH is a vault, let it be random, let us reset it... Do something. They'd see increased sales if there was flexibility
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    It would be extremely nice for this offer to be color controllable in some way. We have almost a year between Crashes with 60 4*s in game.  Letting players purchase one cover per year of their choice for a 4* seems like it would have very minimal impact on the game economy.

That said, it would obviously require programming time and raise bug issues. At least make more offers (all 3 colors) available at one time, perhaps?  Or a simple drop down box for this one store?
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Easiest coding hack would be to have a reset button with 0 cost or a small cost that disappears if the vault us purchased. This allows people to get the cover of choice but prevents multiple purchaes if they want to keep it a 1 time offer. However, I'm sure they would get a lot more sales if they let players keep resetting and purchasing their chosen cover.
  • Rockwell75
    Rockwell75 Posts: 268 Mover and Shaker
    The store does have a way of providing you with a needed color...provided you're at 12 an you have an unusable cover on the vine.  It's not ideal but I have been able to finish 3 different characters with certain elusive colors that way.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kahmon said:
    Easiest coding hack would be to have a reset button with 0 cost or a small cost that disappears if the vault us purchased. This allows people to get the cover of choice but prevents multiple purchaes if they want to keep it a 1 time offer. However, I'm sure they would get a lot more sales if they let players keep resetting and purchasing their chosen cover.
    Years ago, direct buying of 4* covers with HP was available at any time, once you had one cover in a color.  This was discontinued for the stated reason that the devs did not think it was best to make it too easy to buy progress (direct pay to play).  Now we have the option of using CP to buy covers, which does not as directly link covers to dollars spent.

That suggests that they would limit it to one cover per sale period, but things change, and we have a lot more 4*s than we did then.  Actually, the fact that the HfH offer disappears if purchased suggests that they still hold that opinion.