How do you keep track of your roster/data outside the game?

Daredevil217
Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
Curious what you all use to keep track of your roster. I thought about making a poll, but the only options I could think of were Gamependium (probably most popular), an excel spreadsheet, and “I don’t use anything other than what’s in the game”. I’m sure there’s other stuff out there. 

For me, I use none of the above. I just have two notepad documents. One has my whole roster in it, with levels, number of covers, etc.

I also have in the same document things I get tired of looking up (Sploits cheat sheet, important iso level costs, taco order, crash/HFH order).  And finally, it contains a list of my resources in game that I update nightly so I can know I’m making progress even when I don’t feel like it due to hoarding. 

The second document is just a rank order of my 4* champs that I’m constantly revising. I use it for on the fly team building.  When I’m looking for a specific color combo, I can find options quickly by visually scanning and they are already rank-ordered from (in my opinion) best to worst so I can move from the top down. I also have their current level in brackets as that matters for tanking/strongest color purposes.

So that’s what I use. It’s easy and on my phone. I’m just curious for everyone else how you track outside of the game!

Comments

• Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    I use a c++ program that I wrote myself
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use only what's available in MPQ to track my roster. The furthest I can go is to track who are the different colour ap generator, stunner and true healer. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't.
    But it's been a very long time since I had to ask the question "look at my roster, who should I team up/level next".

I track my pulls in Notes. So there's that.
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    I don't need a copy of my roster outside mpq, but I do have excel sheet with other information.

Leveling costs in iso
    crash order
    ddq req order
    champ reward covers

And some other things
  • Scofie
    Scofie GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,320 Chairperson of the Boards
    I keep it all in my head....
  • Helen keller
    Helen keller Posts: 62 Match Maker
    The game already does that for me and takes about 10 seconds to load so I use that, having a sploits map saved is handy though
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    I once created my own Google spreadsheets document, that grew over time and now not only tracks my roster, but also my token pulls. It's not very fancy, though.
  • Reecoh
    Reecoh Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Excel for me. After playing Eve Online for years that was my go-to solution. I track my rosters, covers, costs to champ, covers sold, Legends tokens opened & bonus rate. All kinds of data I'll never really need. Also have a sheet for teams I read about to try out.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    I maintain a Google sheet roster (see my signature).

Notable tracking that I do...
    Characters & current rostered level (duh)
    PvP events score, HP used, placement, essential, and 900 progression reward
    Tokens opened (every. single. one.)
    Character addition date, health, tile-match damage (for 4* and below... 5s are mostly unique, and will require a major refactor... too lazy.)

• The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    alaeth said:

Character addition date, health, tile-match damage (for 4* and below... 5s are mostly unique, and will require a major refactor... too lazy.)

You are crazy.  Yes he is in my ally and has shared this info.  It is nuts on how much he saves.  
  • Bubba3210
    Bubba3210 Posts: 246 Tile Toppler
    I track 4*s that are close to champing, upcoming resupply rewards that boost 4* and upcoming progression rewards but all are related to champing. The rewards come to fast to track and worry about every single cover especially for 2 and 3*s.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I maintain a spreadsheet that’s up to like 20 tabs at this point. 
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Just keep track of legendary pulls in plain text...

I do have a spreadsheet, but that's for alliance scores...  :D 

• Hadronic
    Hadronic Posts: 338 Mover and Shaker
    alaeth said:

Tell me you don't enter all this junk in by hand? yikes

my code tracks some of this stuff by analysing screen shots, i would just read it out of memory directly if I wasn't paranoid that my tracker might get detected as a bot.