Shield Training Appreciation

Options
2»

Comments

• DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,633 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In typical fashion this one snuck up on me!

Red Hulk lvl 209? Check
    X23 Champed? Check
    Vulture? Arghhhhhh!!! 9 Covers only can get to188 and he is parked at 70 with a "to do soon" sticky note on him for leveling!

Made worst that I just dumped all my iso into champing R4G and Th4r in one week and now I gotta save for Mockingbird & Gamora, so I probably can't even take him anyway!

Oh well, I'll do what I can!
  • jym010
    jym010 Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    Options
    just champed rhulk and vulture last week so this an absolute pleasure.  Red valkeyrie
  • Addaran
    Addaran Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Options
    Did the loaner mission AND the first vulture node. Still better then all the previous shield training. =P
  • Dixo
    Dixo Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I appreciate that fact that it really opens up another avenue to earn the new character, in light of the increased frequency in which everything is coming out.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Agreed! Excluding the latest five or six 4* releases from the list of potential required characters nets the best results, as far as accessibility and enjoyment is concerned.
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options
    They are listening!
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,311 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I have assumed that the prior approach was meant to create pressure to spend and chase covers. Assuming that the last two ST’s are the start of the new approach, I now assume that the prior approach did not meet their goals.

And I know that the old model was “winnable” by the tippy-toppest of players who ranked 1st or 2nd in PvP and PVE.  Or those who had very good draw luck. But it still angered a lot of others.

Edit:  To be clear, I vastly prefer the current character requirements and enjoyed ST much more.
  • gmtosca
    gmtosca Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I never get the new cover/character reward but recently, I've at least gotten to finish the 2nd row for tokens.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Another +1 for a good SHIELD Training.  Thanks for the Valkyrie cover. 
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2018
    Options
    It's even better with 3 covers guaranteed from the Boss event. Which means more chances to complete other levels and get extra iso.

Unfortunately for me TAH is only lvl 120 and is my next 4* to champion (2 covers on the vine). I wonder if I will have the iso but most likely yes.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 976 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Same problem here, Chulk at lvl 127. Other characters at right levels. So i'm gonna miss out on that Jubilee cover unfortunately. But missing out by just a bit is a sign my roster is slowly improving. Maybe next time...
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Completely agree.  Even when I don't have the required characters at the appropriate level it doesn't feel like they are intentionally trying to keep me from being able to do it.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 364 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just jumping in to echo the praises for the SHIELD training lately. I was actually only one cover from Chulk being able to be 209 so I bought the HfH. It's working for everyone!
  • bluewolf
    Options
    @Brigby  I hope the devs might consider running ST more often - under a different name, perhaps - with a Vintage 4* cover being rewarded, and perhaps not giving out the LT.  It could be run on the off weeks when a new 4 is not being rewarded.

I like that players have a week to mess around with it and as a 5* player, it’s fun for me to just run 4*s with the essentials and see what kind of 4* team I can put together again.

I know that players can play at a pretty casual rate and get 4’s from normal PVE, but this just feels different without any timers.

And I think that with as many 4’s as there are, putting a few more covers a month out there for direct purchase seems like a win-win for players and devs.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 976 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd love any extra event where i could use 4* i now rarely use. Preferably in the shield training format (last vertical row), where you need 3 of them. But without the level requirement. Especially the 209 requirement kills me every shield training.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Dogface said:
    I'd love any extra event where i could use 4* i now rarely use. Preferably in the shield training format (last vertical row), where you need 3 of them. But without the level requirement. Especially the 209 requirement kills me every shield training.
    I am fine with leaving off the level requirement in the off-weeks, even for lesser rewards. I do like having a more challenging set of opponents, though.