Should 5* Banner Hulk be demoted to a 2* to make way for an AWESOME 5* World War Hulk?

aesthetocyst
aesthetocyst Posts: 538 Critical Contributor
edited March 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
Asked by popular demand*, 

Should 5* Banner Hulk be demoted to a 2* to make way for an awesome 5* World War Hulk?

World War Hulk is coming to Marvel Avengers Academy, and also to Marvel Legendary (that's a card game. You play it on a table. With printed paper ... oh, nvm). He's getting around.

Thor: Ragnarok pretty much yanked Gladiator Hulk off the table. Oh well.

But World War Hulk is another matter!

Now, of course, this game is already loaded up with Hulks, buuuuuut .... 

5* Banner was a total dud on arrival, from the nadir of character art and design in this game.
4* MEH is .... OK, kinda fun, has his uses, but MEH. And looks goofy.
4* Red Hulk is getting old, still good, but he's a Hulk villain. Not The Hulk.
4* Cho is alright now, after being a joke for a long time.
4* Hulkbuster is a classic,only mentioned here to highlight how badly Hulkbuster needs a decent Hulk to "bust".
3* Hulk is years behind the meta and power creep. Still has his niche uses, but otherwise, gathers dust.
3* She-Hulk is alright. That's great. but she's not Hulk-Hulk.
2* Hulk does not exist.
1* Hulk does not exist.

So,

There is a shameful absence at the heart of MPQ.

A great vacancy at the top of the heap only a great Hulk can fill.

Punting Banner to 2* land would make his design (read: lack of oomph) make more sense, and from there he could feed 3* hulk, and Moonstone be re-assigned to feed ... She-Hulk, or something.

And it would remove any "but we already have a 5* hulk..." objection to a 5* WWHulk!

Please note the presumption that any 5* WWHulk would be AWESOME, and not yet another big green whiff ... of which this game has had so many.

* Meaning one friend on LINE told me to.

Should 5* Banner Hulk be demoted to a 2* to make way for an AWESOME 5* World War Hulk? 49 votes

Yes. Banner should be a 2*. A good WWHulk would be great.
28%
YasurusinnerjflAXP_ismeTrilateralusCT1888aesthetocystapexpredator85Screen Monkeyboneshunky_funkyTPF AlexisikulMonotoneZolom 14 votes
Yes, but demoting Banner to make space isn't necessary, just gimme a WWHulk!
14%
Kolencepillaroffaith23TrerasEichenbluewolfAlfje17AlexNapalm 7 votes
Instead of 'demoting' Banner, just completely overhaul his art and design, could be any version of Hulk, just so long as he is better. Much better.
44%
xKOBALTxSeriouslyGrimSkaldCaptainFreakyejmusTiggidaHendrossjackstar0udonomefooDaichesSpudgutterPiro_plockPolarPopBearThe rockettrg72KGBCharlieCroker0_efx_0ABaker84talleman 22 votes
No opinion whatsoever.
0%
No, we don't need another Hulk.
6%
brollShintok17zeroswitch 3 votes
No, we don't need another Hulk and just leave banner alone.
0%
No. But just delete Banner and refund the players who have him rostered.
6%
djrdjrMETT-T dependentmodok47 3 votes
Other (comment below).
0%

Comments

• aesthetocyst
    Shameless inspiration:

:

• aesthetocyst
    Vote while you can. In an effort to keep GD as dull as possible, all polls with any trace of humor or bite are killed pretty quick :D
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I want the grey skinned She-Hulk in the game, personally.
    Though I think that's going away soon?

So far it feels like they really under utilised what was a great premise for Jen...
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    A demotion implies he has not performed up to par, i.e. someone qualified to be a senior accountant demoted to regular accountant due to poor performance. The fact is, Banner was never an accountant to begin with. He's more like the 2-year-old who is randomly mashing numbers on a giant play phone. You can't demote that poor kid--just call a spade a spade.
  • aesthetocyst
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    A demotion implies he has not performed up to par, i.e. someone qualified to be a senior accountant demoted to regular accountant due to poor performance. The fact is, Banner was never an accountant to begin with. He's more like the 2-year-old who is randomly mashing numbers on a giant play phone. You can't demote that poor kid--just call a spade a spade.
    So .... since we don't have spades .... or 2-year olds (so far as we know) .... in the game ... you're saying ... delete him? Overwrite him? Or just send him right down to 1* land?
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    So .... since we don't have spades .... or 2-year olds (so far as we know) .... in the game ... you're saying ... delete him? Overwrite him? Or just send him right down to 1* land?

I think exactly as he is, he'd be a great 2*! Health and all! Probs right behind OBW and Storm in the power dept...
  • aesthetocyst
    Uh-oh. Look like I forgot the "Leave Banner alone, he's wonderful as-is!" option.

There's the justification for killing the poll.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Instead of 'demoting' Banner, just completely overhaul his art and design, could be any version of Hulk, just so long as he is better. Much better.
    Fix Banner. The End.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I believe the 5-Star Hulk you're looking for is Weapon H

• aesthetocyst
    jackstar0 said:
    Fix Banner. The End.
    Unfortunately, just saying "fix banner" for almost 2 years has produced no movement. 

If they can't / won't fix him, they could at least properly file him.

And then replace'em with a new 5* Hulk!
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 445 Mover and Shaker
    Hendross said:
    I believe the 5-Star Hulk you're looking for is Weapon H

"Magneto likes this"
  • hunky_funky
    hunky_funky Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    It would be all nice and good...
    But we mostly going to have covers art changed for 3* or 5*. What?! At least something...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    We don't need more Hulks. We need one usable Hulk. Just one. One that hits people and does crushing amounts of damage without being either wholly unreliable (4-star), a complete liability (5-star), or outright broken (3-star).
  • AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    I would love a proper hulk in the 5* tier. One who feels powerful and unpredictable not just underwhelming. I quite like the Banner into Hulk mechanic but it’s too fiddly and the pay-off is weak.

I would have no objection to the existing character being ported to a lower rarity but even then he could do with being tweaked a bit. He would still be disappointing as a 2* if nothing else changes. 
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    **Closing the thread as there are not an equal amount of positive and negative choices. There is also no neutral option.**
This discussion has been closed.