Valkyrie in simulator vault

qandols
qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
What are the chances of getting a cover? I pulled 50 and no luck. What does 'New' for her cover mean in terms of chance?

Comments

• CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Typically newly released 4* characters had around a 0.2% pull rate from their PVE release packs, so around a 1/500 chance from a single token.  Good luck!!
  • qandols
    Thx! I knew it would not be easy  :)
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    According to devs, she is represented at the same as Latest odds.   

About 1/17 pulls will be a 4* from that store.  That’s about 5.8% odds. If you get a 4, it’s 50/50 that it’s Vintage or New, so about 2.9% chance of getting new.  Divide that by 13 to include Valkyrie and your odds are about .226%.

Edit:  verified that it’s 4x odds on New characters.

Edit 2:  to back up a comment below. The odds of getting her cover from the “and Friends vault” is 1/80 or 1.25%, although you’d have to reset the vault if you pull it and want more. That means you are about 4.8x as likely to get her from the vault in a single pull.  And you will get free vault tokens as you play, increasing the odds, and daily deal pulls are cheaper as well.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    You have a better chance at getting in her "Valkyrie & Friends" Vault in the next event. It only has 80 items and you know you are guaranteed a Valkyrie cover even if you have to buy out the vault. You can usually get it before then if your lucky. The next way is by a placement reward in The Simulator event. Even that is easier than getting it from the Simulator store.
  • qandols
    Ok, hopefully her training is still on by then. This time I was able to do all nodes except where she has to be level 78.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    qandols said:
    Ok, hopefully her training is still on by then. This time I was able to do all nodes except where she has to be level 78.
    ST usually runs 7 days ... Valkyrie & Friends vault is supposed to open today (according to "Piecing Together") and run through the 30th. 
    Maybe the store will start when the "Thick As Thieves" event starts. That event is when she is essential.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    Those Piecing Together articles get things wrong on this subject all the time.

If it follows previous new characters.

Valkyrie is in Simulator Tokens at a low rate.

once her featured PvP starts the Valkyrie & Firends vault appears. It stays until the PvE following , in this case Thick as Thieves is done plus a day later.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Other thread confirms it starts on Sunday the 25th as usual.

FWIW, one of my Simulator tokens from S.H.I.E.L.D. Training got me her Red cover, but as said above those are low odds.