Should I buy that Sufer cover?

rdvargas1
rdvargas1 Posts: 77 Match Maker
I’m newer in to 5* land with 5thor and Gambit champed, Thanos, Phoenix, and OML 12 covers, my surfer is 3/3/5 right now. Should I pull the trigger or save that CP for Ghost Rider, Jessica jones, etc? I think I’m mostly torn because of nostalgia and love for Surfer. 

Comments

• Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    His eventual feeder would put you at 4/4/5 pretty easily. I'd hold off.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bought it, but my Surfer was 3/4/5 and was seeing quite a lot of play even with a suboptimal cover arrangement, so I mostly got it for the possibility to respec. I agree that i your situation it is probably better to wait for a fourstar feeder for Surfer though.
  • CharlieCroker
    CharlieCroker Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Surfer is a solid 5* and would complement Gambit/Thor for a Sim/PVE team (although AC better on offense), and you could also use him instead of Thor at the start of your PvP climb.

But as mentioned by Kishida, you have the perfect build to complete Surfer once he has a feeder so I'd save the cp for tokens personally.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Surfer is a solid 5* and would complement Gambit/Thor for a Sim/PVE team (although AC better on offense), and you could also use him instead of Thor at the start of your PvP climb.

But as mentioned by Kishida, you have the perfect build to complete Surfer once he has a feeder so I'd save the cp for tokens personally.

Yeah, Surfer as a third to Thorbit should not be underestimated. Gather blue, charge up the red tiles, have Gambit autofire until enemy is dead. Very effective.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 565 Critical Contributor
    Surfer is a great support/tank when played properly but he lacks the punch of the characters you already have maxed.  He will drop eventually, I would spend the cp on cards and hope you get him that way before I spent 500 to get the one card you need.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Surfer is a very useful 5*.  Saves healthpacks, and fuels lots of other characters with his blue.  Red is a cheap, if weak, damage skill.  Black is still slow, but occasionally useful.  He definitely doesn't hold up for match damage or power damage against newer 5*s, but his skill set has lots of uses (especially if he can tank colors). 

All that said, buying a 12th cover is a bit hard to justify.  You still won't be able to champ him until the feeder arrives, and you lose 10 LT pulls for that privilege.  Buying a 13th cover might he justifiable.