Bane89
Bane89 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
Hi, i have trouble deciding on who of the following i should get:

1.- Rocket & Groot (3 Star)
2.- Beast (3 Star)
3.- Thanos (3 Star)
4.- Angel (3 Star)
5.- Star Lord (3 Star)

Strar Lord is the closest to expiring but i have no more slots for heroes so, who should i sell and who should be my priority to get out of that list? Here´s my roster (Please ignore the repeated ones, i messed up while using the site):

https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Gabriel-Sylar/
Tagged:

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rocket & Groot and Thanos are the only two worth really going out of your way to save there. Beast and Star Lord are mediocre, and Angel is pretty bad.

Any of the single-cover Characters you currently have rostered can be let go if they're not featured in something soon. All the two-cover ones except for Cage, Fist, and Blade, too.

I highly recommend that you get the rest of the 2* rostered and work on champing them. The 2* champ rewards are going to be your most reliable source of HP (Roster Slots) for quite some time to come, and the slots spent on 2* characters will pay for themselves.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bane89 said:

1.- Rocket & Groot (3 Star)
    2.- Beast (3 Star)
    3.- Thanos (3 Star)
    4.- Angel (3 Star)
    5.- Star Lord (3 Star)
    1) Rocket & Groot - A lot of players like them. They have a great yellow true-heal which makes them a great tanking meat shield and can save you some health packs. Offensively mediocre though.

2) Beast - Not a good character. He makes cheap special tiles, but his AoE is one of the worst in the tier and his yellow burst-heal lacks any real value

3) Thanos - his Court Death ability will make your life a lot easier once he's fully covered and champed. An essential 3-star.

4) Angel - He's not entirely awful, just a little awful.

5) Star Lord - His abilities are too expensive for what you get. Not a good 3-star.
  • Bane89
    Bane89 Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks for the help. Just one more question: What would you say are essential 2 and 3 star Heroes i should look for?
  • Waddles_Pines
    Waddles_Pines Posts: 1,192 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bane89 said:
    Thanks for the help. Just one more question: What would you say are essential 2 and 3 star Heroes i should look for?
    2* - all of them since they feed covers to 3* and give you HP for slots from champ levels.  Everyone has their fave 2* team.  If you're low on space just find the team that'll get you through DDQ.  Also, you'd want to roster all of them anyways to get points from the essential missions in PVE.  Personally, I'm a hawkeye/storm/mags disciple...

3* - all the one's that 2* feed into.  Not counting that, in no particular order: Strange, Thanos, Cap, Kamala, Luke, Fist, Switch, Mags, IM... probably others, but I'm drawing a blank...
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bane89 said:
    What would you say are essential 2 and 3 star Heroes i should look for?
    Roster all the twos, there's not a lot of them and 2-star covers are easy to come by so champ rewards are plentiful - they'll help you move into the 3-star tier...

My favorite 3-stars in order of importance:
    1) Iron Man Model 40 A must-have because of his yellow Recharge. Still useful to me in 4-star land.
    2) Dr. Strange Another must-have because of his yellow passive. It wrecks PvE goons.
    3) Cyclops A self-fueling damage machine.
    4) Thanos His black Court Death makes life really easy.
    5) Captain America Put him with IM40 and let the shields fly!
    6) Luke Cage The best tank in the 3-star tier. Set his red to 5 and he'll keep you safe.
    7) Kamala Khan Good AoE damage, green battery, and burst heal. Very versatile character.
    8) Wolverine & Daken This is a tie. They're great at making strike tiles and saving on health packs.
    9) Iron Fist Another versatile character - free attack tile, black battery, and big nuker.
    10) Scarlet Witch She's best used as a purple battery and will do so into the 4-star tier.

There's still a lot of joy to be had in the 3-star tier, like Thor, Magneto, Human Torch, Deadpool, Black Panther, Blade, Hawkeye, Rocket & Groot... even the worst of them have their uses, so make it your long-term goal to roster and champ all the threes as well.
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    If you plan to roster every 2* and farm champion rewards, it would really benefit you to roster the 3*s that they feed - consider that compound interest in a way. Many of them are even good lol.

Scarlet Witch/Iron Fist/Luke Cage is a great 3* team -> switch feeds Fist who creates black that you sit on until you've softened up a few enemies, then you unload it with Cag3 who has a big yellow nuke and a really cheap medium damage black with a stun on it. You can substitute Falcon for SWitch there, and buff the attack/defend tiles while building yellow for Cag3 to great effect also.

Similarly Blad3/Falcon is a great duo you can use with any number of 3rds.

My first 4* champion was Medusa, so having a good Patch Wolverine was really helpful to my 4* transition: you spam out Wolverine's strike tiles, match a few of the enemy purple ones to gain AP for Medusa to steal most/all of the rest, watch Entanglement do the rest. It wasn't fool proof, but it was fun. It's a little harder to target a specific 4*, so recommending you chase what is now a classic may not be the best advice for you. That being said, Hawk3ye gains friendly AP for matching enemy special tiles, and he is fed by 2* Hawkeye, so it is still a solid way to get loads of strike spam on the board that you can start buffing with Falcon if you're purely a 3* player.