mega-whale roster question

PuceMoose
PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
Since my highest level character is a 284 Blade, I do not often see the rosters of the Mega Whales. However, I ran across one today after getting triple-tapped right at the start of a slice. The roster was to be expected from a MW - most of the 5 stars at 550, most 4-stars at 370, etc. The thing that puzzled me was the two star characters. Every single two star character (even the mighty Bag man!) had exactly 12 level 144 entries. I was curious if there was any practical application to having a dozen of each 2 star character rostered and champed, or if this was probably just a curious "gotta catch 'em all... a dozen times!" situation.

Comments

• mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Remembering back to when Thanos was the boosted 5* a 550 Thanos does 8k or so in team damage. That can kill your 2* essential pretty quickly if that's how you clear those nodes in PvE. That said, you shouldn't need more than 7 of them even if they get one shot by Thanos, since you just need the 3 hits in end grind and 4 in the next sub to start timers.

Maybe the guy has a superstition about the number 12?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe he's really into Christmas?
  • The rockett
    The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
    My highest 5* is 493 Gambit and I have 33 maxed champed 2*.  Pve is the reason with the 2*E.  Plus this also keeps roster slots if you ever need them.  Why not do that.  My ISO debt is 0. Hope that explains a little bit. 
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    They could save heath packs when tapping essential nodes, all except for Bagman.  

Or he just has no need to sell them, so they are trophies.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    I know the person you are referring to. He (or could be a she!) is simply a collector.

It's a he.
  • PenniesForEveryone
    PenniesForEveryone Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    My highest 5* is 493 Gambit and I have 33 maxed champed 2*.  Pve is the reason with the 2*E.  Plus this also keeps roster slots if you ever need them.  Why not do that.  My ISO debt is 0. Hope that explains a little bit. 
    To expand on this a bit - the game will auto-pick the max champed 2* with the highest health for the 2* essential node.  When speed is a priority and literally every second counts - having several (like 3 maybe 4....12 is a bit excessive) max champed copies of that essential will allow Thanos to chew through them without needing to waste health packs on them.