Which 4* to work on ?

Options
tonypq
tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
I'e got just about all the top and essential 4s leveled or champed, trying to decide which 4 or 4s to work on next. 

Which of the following 4s would you work on first and why ?

Nico, MEH Hulk, TA Hulk, Deadpool, Spidergwen, Yondu, Black Panther, Mr Fantastic

I have the most covers for Nico, Yondu, Spidergwen  
and both hulks. Seems like Nico would be nice as I use Medusa/Carnage and Rocket/Gamora teams very often. Also about to champ Chavez and thought MEH Hulk would be a nice partner. Not sure about the others.

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    from that list I'm partial to Nico and Deadpool.

Deadpool's red doing some tasty damage and giving him true heal? Ain't none too shabby.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I like the Hulks, and Mr F can be a great teammate for Medusa/Carnage.

None of them are game-changing though, so I’d focus on the most recent ones, since you’re more likely to pull them from tokens, leading to more champ levels and less waste.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'd say Cho and Spider-Gwen are the most self-sufficient characters (Yondu also functions well on his own but has less self-synergy with no AP generation). Most of the others really want an appropriate teammate before they really show their utility.  
  • Ragnoluce
    Ragnoluce Posts: 50 Match Maker
    edited March 2018
    Options
    People will tell you to hold off on Mr. Fantastic (and rightly so, for the most part), but there are certain teams he will absolutely demolish on--mostly when paired with 4* Luke Cage. 

I have a sneaking suspicion that Shuri/Mr.F/Luke might be an amazing team...Hero for Hire for 5 AP & 6+ fortified tiles could be deadly. Don't have her very covered yet but would love to hear if anyone has run tests with that team !

I'll also recommend Deadpool when you have the time--his black power can be an absolute gamechanger in some circumstances. Nothing demolishes PVP teams with Carol Danvers like your own Carol Danvers + Deadpool with 5 in Black.
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    Out of those I am biased to XF deadpool.  There are times that he is really handy. He has true self heal. His red although expensive packs a punch, and at times his pink and black come in handy. I used him recently on the ultron boss battle (boosted) but there are times where he is a good selection.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm not a fan of Deadpool TBH.

His Pink does pitiful damage.  Even if you match every tile (unlikely) the damage isn't great.

Red packs a punch but is a bit too expensive as far as Red nukes go.

Black is his best power but it involves teammates taking big damage.

I'd go for someone in latests due to your likelihood of pulling them more.  Or just let the covers determine who to champ next.  Panther will be in there the longest and isn't bad by any stretch.  Just not game changing (though none of them are). 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My rationale when I had a bunch of 4*s to champ was go for the 12 Latest first, and start with the newest, as they should get the most covers overall. If there is no-one of the 12, then follow the covers - all the above have their niche.

Of them all, Deadpool is the one I use the most, as 5* match damage can trigger his black.
    Boosted TAHulk is fun.
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I always just follow the covers. If I have nothing that is expiring I start with my lowest leveled 4*s and bring them up at the same pace. So they can handle a crash or shield training.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    People always sing the praises of XPool, but frankly he has really lagged behind the times. He's mostly useful at the 5* level now when every match will cause his passive to go off. Within his tier, his red is super expensive and his purple won't do a ton of damage unless you stack the whole team around it.

• ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Xpool is really only useful now because of how often even unboosted R&G+Gamora teams show up in PVP.  As long as you have a good true-healer out front, his black is really, really fast against them--to the point where you almost have to be careful not to match their strikes too quickly, sometimes.

All of the 4*'s listed in the OP are niche characters, frankly, so the "best" answer is largely a function of playstyle.  I'd say Deadpool or Nico, personally, but look to see what among the recommendations, so far, sounds best and you probably can't make a wrong decision here...
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,547 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Of the ones listed, I use Mr. Fantastic the most often. He has a solid team heal and his stun w/swap is sneaky useful.

Caveat is I don't have a useful Panther, so I don't know much about him.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2018
    Options
      I'm guessing you want a name but the most practical answer is that, it doesn't matter. At this point, it's about not wasting rewards, so whoever you have at 13 covers with the most covers on the vine. Continue down the list in that order.

Or, an alternative could be to break off from champing 4"s and work on something else. Such as a 2* or 3* farm or raising your 5*s to a more usable level (getting more rewards from your roster), it all depends on what your long term goals are.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    tonypq said:
    Nico, MEH Hulk, TA Hulk, Deadpool, Spidergwen, Yondu, Black Panther, Mr Fantastic
    + :) Nico: has a lot to unpack but if you know when and how to maximize her powers; I've heard she can be a really good third, my 10 yellow covers have kept me from really using her much
    - :/ MEH: he might be the second best hulk? if you like match damage cascades or play with crits he's a good facilitator
    - :( TA Hulk: he might be the fourth best hulk? Mana battery, and CD trigger?  
    + >:) Deadpool: he's the best counter measure in the game
    - :s Spidergwen: so bad. She shined bright like a diamond with a gambit but ugh
    + :* Yondu: Love that blue! his special tile gen is pretty decent, if you need to fill his color slots(except yellow=not cool) than he is a solid teammate
    + B) black panther: I feel like he could be built around. Or the synergistic double with the right teammate. He will , like prev mentioned, will be around the longest at 3x rates so until you get close to champing him I would let him roll in and spend your BH on vaulted vintage
    + :p MrF: the key to unlock the winfinite bagman team. Also if you ever want to play the longest match ever then him/carnage/medusa mirror match. It can be fun to ramp another FF member when they're boosted

Go for Deadpool next, he is fun! If they ever do that broken DP PvP thing again you can have some fun, maybe he'll be featured/boosted for the DP2 movie tie-ins MPQ has planned, you know when they release Cable....
  • sandalsnopants
    sandalsnopants Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yondu, Spidergwen, Deadpool, MEH in that order for me
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @tonypq

Actually, do you have Shuri champed? If not then she should be your bonus hero and all efforts should go to her as she is a top-tier 4 in the way the others on your list aren’t. I would work on her and let covers for everyone else roll in naturally. And just champ them as you get 14th covers. 
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I also find myself generally underwhelmed by XPool (the much-vaunted red is so expensive it's a real tossup whether you'll even get to use it), but he's been something of an MVP boosted along with Carol.