Annoying Ambient Droning Background Noise

I play the Steam version of MPQ and there is a really annoying ambient droning noise on most of the screens, except Recruit, Train and Roster.
It's especially annoying that it's present on the alliance chat screen.

Can we please get the option to turn off this annoying droning noise?
Or how about removing it completely?
I don't see why it's necessary.

Another option might be to change it to the music subset, instead of sound effects as it's currently set.
That way we could mute it without losing sound effects.

Comments

• Totally agree. I turned music off a couple of months ago, as it was tedious, but those noises can be irritating.
  • Yeah, I was listening to music while playing the other day. Turned down the game music and realized that the weird electronic noise was still there.
  • So yeah, this problem still persists.
    However, what's made it worse is that in a recent update the noise is constant even when the program is not in focus.

I play the PC Steam version of MPQ and before a recent update, one could get relief from that godawful ambient droning noise by moving the focus to another window while not playing the game. Now, there is no escaping the droning!

I ask again, some 6 months after my original post:
    - Why is this background droning noise pollution even necessary?
    - Could you please remove this droning noise pollution, or at least include it in the Music subset, so it can be muted?
    - At the very least, could you at least restore it so that the program is muted while not in focus?
    - Seriously, I ask again, why is this background droning noise even necessary?
  • I agree with this too. There's random computer console noise, which is nice as a touch the first time, but it's a little overdone. Give us a break from the noise without us having to turn the game off.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you go into the settings (the little cog icon) there's an option to turn down music and sound effects. If you turn the latter down, that sound stop the weird 'electronic' noises.
  • If you go into the settings (the little cog icon) there's an option to turn down music and sound effects. If you turn the latter down, that sound stop the weird 'electronic' noises.
    But I want to listen to music with MPQ sound effects.

I can still do that. I just need to turn down sound effects close to 0.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    KevinMark wrote:
    If you go into the settings (the little cog icon) there's an option to turn down music and sound effects. If you turn the latter down, that sound stop the weird 'electronic' noises.
    But I want to listen to music with MPQ sound effects.

I can still do that. I just need to turn down sound effects close to 0.

I misunderstood the issue. Yeah, there's not a slider for that weird noise stuff only. :[