Reformatting Pack ratios and levels

Options
GronkSmash
GronkSmash Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
The current situation in conjunction with the way SCL changes have left the pack pulls stagnant and underwhelming. I have a few suggestions - take it with a grain of salt or back it with enough positive feedback.

Standard - pretty much the introduction mainly 1's with occasional 2's and a 3 sprinkled in - keep as is or slightly increase the ratio for 3* characters (seeing as how there are 47 of them with 3 covers each). Earned not purchased

Elite - 2 is the name of this game and the 3's are slightly more recent but because they are also earned and rarer than standard so i propose more opportunities to get elite tokens during story progression, alliance events, and lightning rounds. Ratio is improved with more chances to earn the pack.

Heroic - same as the elite but this has a daily refresh of 100 hero points with random VIP drops, story progression, daily resupply, etc. The problem here is there isn't much to differentiate between elite except the rare 1:14 chance at a 4* which means accumulating hero points to purchase a 10pk or the reward once a season makes it a random shoot for getting a 4 in a pool more diluted than the 3* 64 with 3 covers each. I propose the ratio being reduced to 1:9 for 4* and 1:2 for 3* meaning the 2's are not as frequent and the pack is worthwhile when getting a 10pk, a vip drop or spending the 100 daily hp.

Legendary - the biggest proposal and possibly the most controversial. Lets be honest with ourselves a bit - this is the most difficult to get what you need or want to improve your roster because there are new 4's every season and that dilutes the pool while the means to purchase them (command points, legendary token rewards) take longer to accumulate. A year and some change back the vault was split into Latest and Classic with rotations but this was before 29 new 4* and 17 new 5* so a new proposal could bolster enthusiasm. Latest incorporate the 3 newest 5's and the 12 newest 4's (remove the excess classic 4's and keep the purchase at 25 command points. Classic incorporate the 4 newer 5's rotated out of the Latest pack and instead of the 12 newest 4's put the 12 rotated out the same as the 5's but still sought after keep these at 20 command points. The real proposal comes with a new VINTAGE VAULT - the First and Second gen Epic/Legendary characters that spur up and make the pack opening more of an ordeal than exciting - there are still characters that are worth pulling but the pool of covers and characters make it such an unmitigated venture that even with the bonus "Favorite" characters (which has a more skewed ratio than getting what you actually want) the roster is typically stuck at covers in single digits for months. Make these earned like the standard and elite tokens but with the caveat that in versus it is the 850 reward. In story progression it is the token after 4*, and in alliance events it is the last pack before the Legendary. Even if it was a replacement for the 2 command points in Behemoth Burrito or in lieu of the 3rd taco token. I would even suggest the caveat that you can't get a bonus 4, or 5 from this token to keep it balanced without abused.

Any ideas or critiques are appreciated and i hope this can be improved upon and implemented in the near future. Thanks for reading and you consideration - I look forward to the feedback 

Comments

• GronkSmash
    GronkSmash Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I also have a proposal for Versus but that's for another time.
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    You forgot how they need to implement this without affecting the bottomline and longevity of the game in the long run. In the business world, they look at ROI. While MPQ is a game to you, it's a ROI to them (the executives and management).