Two 4* should give the same 5* covers.

Druiz23
Druiz23 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
Do you guys remember way back when 4 stars were new (and few) and we had a tremendous amount of 3 stars?  Do you guys remember how multiple 3 stars, rewarded the same 4 star?  I remember how excited I was to add covers to my DareDevil which gave 4 star Elektra and was it Punisher 3 star that gave the other Elektra?  It's been a really long time so my memory is a little bit hazy, but I know for a fact two characters gave Elektra.  Same as the other 4 stars.  Two, 3 star characters rewarded the same 4 star.

Now that we have such a few amount of 5 stars and so many 4 star covers, what if the developers made it so that two 4 stars would reward the same 5 star?

As it stands right now, it's nearly impossible to cover 5 star characters (unless they are in the latest legends).  The classic 5s have such a low pull % in the classic tokens and then what are the chances you'll end up with a cover that you can use?  I'd say the chances of ending up with an unsuable 5* cover is much higher than ending up with a cover that you can use thanks to RNG.

The introduction of 5* rewards from 4* characters is absolutely amazing, no doubt!  However, it's so difficult to get 4 star covers (even still) and even with this new introduction, it'll still take years to cover those impossible to get 5 star classics this way, however, if two 4* characters rewarded the same 5* character, we'd have a much better chance to champion our classic 5* that are just sitting there with 1 or 2 covers.

And maybe the 2nd 4* character that rewards the same 5* character can reward the covers in the reverse order, that way we can attack the needed covers from both sides, top and bottom covers.

What does everyone think about this?  @Brigby is this something we can ask for?

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    They are rolling out 5star feeders slowly because while they want people to be pressured to spend, they don't want them to be so crushed by ISO need they don't. Champing a 5 per 2 weeks because a feeder gave you the last covers is doable. Champing multiple because they keep adding feeders isn't.
    It is very likely every 4 will eventually give 5s from progression, but it will take years.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Given the number in each tier it would be reasonable to assign two 4* to each 5*, but I don't think that's what they're planning.  For one, that's two guaranteed colors for each power, which dilutes the RNG nature of the 5* tier quite a bit and probably cuts into profits.  Also, I think they want to keep 4* rewards relatively open, both so they can assign rewards that make sense with future 5* releases and maintain some of the 4* tier with LT rewards.  Each LT is only 1/7 of a 5*, so it keeps the acceleration into that tier low.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I say sure, since 1 feeder hasn't let me champ anyone yet.

Obviously the difference is that 3* feeders give out 3 covers, and 4* feeders give 6. Someone with 2 maxed out 4* champs can end up with a 4/4/4 5*. Of course it is tough to get 2 maxed out 4*s. And by then the game probably should reward you with an evenly covered 5*.

Given that 4*s out number 5*s 3:1 and are released 2:1, they could add it and not really hurt their bottom line. Really, they should have given every 4* a 5* reward, and maybe just 1 or 2 covers instead of 6. It puts a premium on some characters that doesn't really need to be there.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards

Between classics and "special" tokens, I actually managed to finish Phoenix and Silver Surfer, though they were both pretty close already at 10-11 covers.  I'm also pretty close to Star Lord, though sadly now I need green and my Drax is 299.  C'est la vie.

I don't disagree, but it's going to take some time unless they really step up the rate at which they add feeders.  Since they seem to be adding feeders about every four weeks and releasing new 5* every 5-6 weeks, it will probably be about a year and a half until all 5* not in Latest are linked, if not more.

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    GrimSkald said
    Since they seem to be adding feeders about every four weeks and releasing new 5* every 5-6 weeks, it will probably be about a year and a half until all 5* not in Latest are linked, if not more.
    Actually, it will be about 3 years if all things continue at the same rate. We currently have 16 unfed classics.  And they have been making feeders for just-past Latests (Spidey, DD), so it’s hard to say who will be the poor current Classic 5 who remains unfed until 2021.