Deadpool vs MPQ should never be a 4 day event

Options
With almost 2 full days left I have all green checked all of the progression rewards for this event. Currently sitting in 62 place I guess I could play the missions over and over for the next 2 days for few points to try and get top 50, but that is to much grinding even for me. At Max this should be a 3 day event. Even better would be a 2 day event. 

Comments

• Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    edited March 2018
    Options
    This probably should have been put in suggestions. I  apologize!
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You need to schedule your clears more optimally if placement is your thing. At least this event gives double iso rewards compared to other 1-day sub events.

I like the break. I don't need to grind PvE every day.
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    I don’t place, that grind is insane. Props to those who do. I like progression and just the rewards for clearing.
  • Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Can I get an amen?! I don't play for placement, and I barely touch PvP for a lot of reasons, so 2-day PvE segments leave me bored for 47 hours at a time. Add to that a 14th cover of Rogue dying on the vine waiting for me to grind out some iso to champ her, and this practice needs to end.

And yes, I realize that the devs use these to space things out properly so that character introductions line up with specific dates and such, but this is happening often enough that I think another solution is in order. Build a few 1-day events to sprinkle in as needed, maybe, or just plan a bit better and use some basic math to make your other events fill the gap properly. Anything other than leaving us with nothing to play.

I demand to be entertained 24 / 7 / 365!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I play both PVP and PVE, but PVP I usually just push to 900 in one or two grind sessions 3-8 hours before it ends and shield out. So not much of a time commitment there. But I play PVE for placement for sure. 

I usually use Deadpool vs. MPQ as a nice PVE break. I wait for a flip or two and can usually still catch all the sub1 rewards in Day 2 and have abettet shot at placement not jumping in right away. 

I skipped all of yesterday except DDQ. This morning I caught a super fresh bracket and played while I did my morning treadmill before work. Currently in 3rd right now. 
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Sim Mayor said:
    ...a 14th cover of Rogue dying on the vine waiting for me to grind out some iso to champ her, and this practice needs to end.
    You can't complain about ISO income when the Deadpool subs offer double ISO rewards - you're making the same amount of ISO as a normal event with 1 day subs.

The boredom argument is another issue.  :)
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    Sim Mayor said:
    ...a 14th cover of Rogue dying on the vine waiting for me to grind out some iso to champ her, and this practice needs to end.
    You can't complain about ISO income when the Deadpool subs offer double ISO rewards - you're making the same amount of ISO as a normal event with 1 day subs.

The boredom argument is another issue.  :)

48 hour subs do mean less intercepts though. There's a bit of ISO loss there.

But if more ISO is needed there are Lightning rounds to grind right now...

• Dormammu
    Options
    Quebbster said:

48 hour subs do mean less intercepts though. There's a bit of ISO loss there.

Eh. If you're doing 4 clears on day one and then 2-3 clears on day 2, that's plenty of intercept opportunities.
  • K1NGY
    K1NGY Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Indeed a wee bit annoying that personal full progression is reached extremely early, I’m not too fussed on placement though but always continue to grind away for max progression on every node solely for alliance placement. I definitely will not tap though. 
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I think it's good for relaxing your physical and mental health, and yet you can get full progression. 
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,937 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Personally I *love* 2 days subs because they extend the 3 cp reward to T50 instead of T10. That means I get 3 cp that I otherwise wouldn't get since T10 is tapper only.

KGB
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 973 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I have mixed feelings about 48h subs. One the one hand you have nothing to do for most of the 48 hours, and you miss having to play. On the other hand, the hp is doubled and not only for t50 but also for t100. So a lot easier to get hp.