HP Sale

Mattjimf
Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
edited March 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
So they have a 30% extra HP sale with a x2 one time bonus on Logans Loonies, but have bumped up the price of a Logans from what was £14.99 to £17.49. 

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    No, they didn't bump the price. You are just not seeing the personalized lower offer/A-B testing. This is the normal price.

What is happening however is mass reports of people not getting the extra 100% when purchasing. Reported on multiple platforms.
  • Dogface
    Dogface Posts: 986 Critical Contributor
    It's €19,99 here and i believe it was the same before.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    They announced in game;  you can purchase a Logan one-time for double hp plus the 30% sale offer on top.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    It might be an exchange rate thing - I see $19.99 USD which is what it's always been for me.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    The out of US pricing on Loonies is apparently bugged, per devs on Discord. It should be the same as normal.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    The weekly moneygrabs continue :D

Yeah, they've been flying pretty fast lately, haven't they?  I'd be tempted to go for the double HP if I didn't go for the cover sale prior to the last one, but I really don't want to spend that much on the game.  It expires in 9 days, I'll see how I feel a week from today, but most likely I'll just go back to VIP for the two LTs...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Random sale is random.

You want me to buy HP? Give me a decent vault to buy out, not a sale alone.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Random sale is random.

Or an upcoming feature?
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,736 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Random sale is random.

2 days from new release store; about 5 from the “Valkyrie and Friends” store. Your opinion of the store may vary by your 4* coverage, but offering an HP sale that overlaps a new release - or otherwise interesting store - is rare.

I do hope the pace of SCL bundles is slowing a bit with the HP sale overlapping the expected bundle. With only two left, perhaps a month will pass between the remaining offers.
  • twistmonkey
    twistmonkey Posts: 79 Match Maker
    Mine costs £19.99 (UK here on iOS) - A/B testing I assume?!
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,939 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've only ever spent $2 a month on this game.  My resupply rewards just happened to have ran out either today or yesterday.  I saw how many more HP you get for a Logans and was like "Wow!".  However, I'm not usually hurting for HP.  Currently sitting on 12K and still have about 18 empty slots left from the last roster slot sale.

This did make me consider the value of VIP though and how that would be a better use of money.  And I am considering trying it out.

So.. Well played D3... well played.

Ultimately I think I am going to get my usual $2 purchase, enjoy my extra 60 HP (lol) and just wait out this new feature and see what it's all about.  I think it's smart to be cautious with real life and in-game resources until we know what is coming down the pipeline.  Then next month I can re-evaluate VIP.

GrimSkald said:

Yeah, they've been flying pretty fast lately, haven't they?  I'd be tempted to go for the double HP if I didn't go for the cover sale prior to the last one, but I really don't want to spend that much on the game.  It expires in 9 days, I'll see how I feel a week from today, but most likely I'll just go back to VIP for the two LTs...
    Is it two LT every month?  Or do you get two just the first time you purchase VIP?  Just curious.
  • Shintok17
    Shintok17 Posts: 620 Critical Contributor
    I've only ever spent $2 a month on this game.  My resupply rewards just happened to have ran out either today or yesterday.  I saw how many more HP you get for a Logans and was like "Wow!".  However, I'm not usually hurting for HP.  Currently sitting on 12K and still have about 18 empty slots left from the last roster slot sale.

This did make me consider the value of VIP though and how that would be a better use of money.  And I am considering trying it out.

So.. Well played D3... well played.

Ultimately I think I am going to get my usual $2 purchase, enjoy my extra 60 HP (lol) and just wait out this new feature and see what it's all about.  I think it's smart to be cautious with real life and in-game resources until we know what is coming down the pipeline.  Then next month I can re-evaluate VIP.

GrimSkald said:

Is it two LT every month?  Or do you get two just the first time you purchase VIP?  Just curious.
    You get 2 LT every month. You also have to renew every month. For me It's $9.99 for VIP. The 1st LT you get as son as you pay. The 2nd one you get as the day 13 reward.
  • animaniactoo
    animaniactoo Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    GrimSkald said:

Which could mean lots of interesting things (pardon me while I put my PD hat back on for this):

They are looking at how to monetize the game better across the audience because
    1. They just want more profit.
    2. They want to put more resources towards game development, via upgrading their own systems, software, additional personnel.
    3. They are struggling to meet their MGs (minimum guarantees) and need to raise funds in order to be able to continue to afford the license.
    4. They're now an "old enough" game with enough of an established old and new playerbase that they think it's time to be more organized about what sales they're offering, when, and for who.
    5. Somebody pointed out to them that the way they run store offerings and occasional sales could be a lot more effective in getting wallets open.
    6. They've lost some regular income from players who have stopped buying in protest and are trying to find replacement channels.
    For the SCL packages, I suspect they don't want to leave too much "space" between them because that would equally lead to complaints of "this took so long to show up, it doesn't matter to me anymore", and so on.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    My guess is they finally managed to count the digital day revenue and the beancounters noticed that there was a lot less coming in in January and February.
  • randomhero1090
    randomhero1090 Posts: 396 Mover and Shaker
    As a newer player, I probably would have lost interest if it wasn't for the packages.  The HP, covers, ISO...  all helped me progress in a time where I was kinda "stuck" in that 2* to 3* transition.  And my guess is other people probably quit around that time as well.  Once you get through the 2-3* hurdle the game gets more interesting and you see more of a future to build out a roster.

I'm still way, way off from having a champed 4*, but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  I can compete and progress.  Probably spent more then I should have had to spend, but i'm getting enjoyment out of the game, lots of hours of entertainment.  No complaints here.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    These sales always remind me how stupidly their ISO is priced.
    For $100 you don't even get enough iso to fully level a 3*
    you would have to spend what $450-$500 to fully level a single 4*?

you could add a 0 to each of the iso amounts (making the $2 12,000 and $100 780,000) and I don't think the game approaches being any closer to pay to win @_@ it would just make buying iso when you are short and a cover about to expire an actual option *shrugs*
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2018
    We've been saying for YEARS that the base ISO values for the prices in the store are borderline criminal in how little they respect your hard earned money.   Well those recent Heroes for Hire offers are started to make the base HP prices feel a little dated as well.

I'm glad to see that they recognized this with the recent sale.

Now someone get on board with massively inflating the ISO values in store already.  People would probably still feel ripped off if 1 Mother Lode purchase = leveling 1 5 star from base to champ....but that would at least be a step in the right direction.   That's what?  550,000 ISO?    Consider that a starting point for your revision.  $100.00 to champ 1 five star doesn't seem too unreasonable from a consumer perspective, does it?
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    babinro said:
    We've been saying for YEARS that the base ISO values for the prices in the store are borderline criminal in how little they respect your hard earned money.   Well those recent Heroes for Hire offers are started to make the base HP prices feel a little dated as well.

Now someone get on board with massively inflating the ISO values in store already.  People would probably still feel ripped off if 1 Mother Lode purchase = leveling 1 5 star from base to champ....but that would at least be a step in the right direction.   That's what?  350,000 ISO?    Consider that a starting point for your revision.  $100.00 to champ 1 five star doesn't seem too unreasonable from a consumer perspective, does it?
    around 350k is the price for 4* a 5* is 553,929, thus why I proposed just adding a 0 as spending $100 and having a little left over after champing a single 5* character seems okay but even then that still isn't great lol.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    zulux21 said:

Now someone get on board with massively inflating the ISO values in store already.  People would probably still feel ripped off if 1 Mother Lode purchase = leveling 1 5 star from base to champ....but that would at least be a step in the right direction.   That's what?  350,000 ISO?    Consider that a starting point for your revision.  $100.00 to champ 1 five star doesn't seem too unreasonable from a consumer perspective, does it? [/spoiler]
    around 350k is the price for 4* a 5* is 553,929, thus why I proposed just adding a 0 as spending $100 and having a little left over after champing a single 5* character seems okay but even then that still isn't great lol.
    Appreciate the correction...its been a long time since I paid attention to that stuff since I level my roster as new covers come in.  I've edited the initial post to correct my mistake.  But yeah, this just further proves the point of how much of an insult ISO has been in store, lol.