Ares - Sunder bug?

Options
Nightglider1
Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
I was playing Oscorp: Heroic, battling Bullseye, Moonstone, and Ares. Ares used Sunder, which in addition to damaging my character, inflicts damage on himself. In this case, the self-inflicted damaged downed him. However, the yellow countdown tile that the power generates stayed on the board, instead of disappearing when he went down. All other characters' countdown tiles vanish when they go down, so I think this behavior is in error.

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Same thing just happened to me too. I killed him after his sunder, but his tile stayed.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sometimes it stays and detonates. Other times it disappears. I haven't figured out why yet. . . icon_e_confused.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    The sunder bug is there from first intro of the character and was reported a zillion times, still not fixed.

Guess all resources are tied up to invent new ways to punish those still around.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I also experienced this. Same mission, too. I reported it.
  • Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    Options
    When this happens, an AOE attack will clear it. It is almost like the AOE re-checks and says "yup, Ares is dead, clear the tile".
  • Unknown
    Options
    Good thing i looked first i was just about to add this, Lol
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 701 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Slarow wrote:
    When this happens, an AOE attack will clear it. It is almost like the AOE re-checks and says "yup, Ares is dead, clear the tile".

I don't frequent the forums enough to recognize "AOE." What does it mean?
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Slarow wrote:

I don't frequent the forums enough to recognize "AOE." What does it mean?

AOE stands for "Area of Effect" i.e. attacks that hit more than one target or hit the whole team. So attacks like Thor's Call the Storm, Storm's Raging Tempest and Wind Storm, Black Panther's Rage of the Panther, etc. all count as an AOE attack type.

Also see here for more Ares Sunder issues:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6324