Reward Sharing Revision

jackstar0
jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
Given that Facebook is, at the very least, problematic as a platform, I'd like to request that reward sharing be moved to another platform.

I'd personally like to see it tied within the game to my alliance, like picking a few members as "favorites" or something to send those bonuses to.

Seriously, please consider scaling down your Facebook integration.

Comments

• Sim Mayor
    Sim Mayor Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Agreed. I'm not usually one to freak out about privacy online, but I have friends who do. The fact that this latest privacy scandal involved the app in question searching your friends list and grabbing their information too is causing a lot of concern.

While we're at it though, can we at least get rid of the need to open a separate page in order to share rewards? We used to do it from the game, and having to go through multiple pages of prompts has (in my experience) seriously cut down on reward sharing.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 822 Critical Contributor
    jackstar0 said:
    Given that Facebook is, at the very least, problematic as a platform, I'd like to request that reward sharing be moved to another platform.

I'd personally like to see it tied within the game to my alliance, like picking a few members as "favorites" or something to send those bonuses to.

Seriously, please consider scaling down your Facebook integration.
    "I'd personally like to see it tied within the game to my alliance..."

I really like that idea. Admittedly this system would mean that the few regular players from my old Alliance would be missing out on my rewards, and me theirs, but I would much rather the game simply choose a few of my Alliance mates than poll Facebook.

Additionally, in order to avoid rewards getting sent to inactive players (just trying to look out for those folks in Alliances with absentee Commanders and players) it could also be limited to your Alliance mates who played within the last 5 days. That way the 10 active members in an Alliance with 10 inactive members (just as an example) would be supporting each other, and not sending their rewards to people who are no longer playing.

Also, this means I wouldn't feel compelled to try to be 'that guy' with the fake FB account and 5,000 "friends".
  • Ptahhotep
    Ptahhotep Posts: 428 Mover and Shaker
    Using alliances rather than Facebook would also allow Steam users to benefit.
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    *devil’s advocate walks in*

but that wouldnt help D3 marketing department....
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Smart80 said:
    *devil’s advocate walks in*

but that wouldnt help D3 marketing department....
    Right now, I'm not sure Facebook is either...
  • Smart80
    Smart80 Posts: 748 Critical Contributor
    Sure it does. It shows people playing the game. Too millions and millions of people..