Facebook friend gifts

This isn't a big deal and I tried searching for any relevant information in the forum, but it seems that if someone on your FB installed MPQ and later uninstalled, it still selects them as one of the three to give gifts to, I know for a fact a friend of mine played the game for a couple days years ago, and it still selects him as a recipient, I assume they just have an "on" switch programmed when the game is installed but no "off" switch when it's uninstalled, again this isn't a big issue just a been wondering about it for some time, would rather the friends I know are playing would get the pittance.

Comments

• Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    have your friend look at his facebook app settings.  I'm pretty sure that he'll see that mpq still has permission to access his info.  If he really stopped playing,  then he needs to delete that app permission setting in HIS account.

honestly,  he should probably delete it if he's not playing.  You can't ever tell what info is being harvested, and after what facebook disclosed I'm pretty sure everyone's mpq gaming habits are being logged somewhere.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can confirm the above - I was trying to access my own account from my wife's phone once, but I couldn't get her signed out of facebook properly and it started a new account linked to her facebook. I had her as a gift recipient for a day or two before I got on her facebook account and deleted the MPQ link on there. Now she never shows up anymore.

That said, I'm with the OP. I have lots of old alliance mates that have retired but I'm still facebook friends with and often end up wasting my facebook gifts on them. I like being connected with them on Facebook still (since it's a real account and not fake gaming accounts), but I'm sad the rewards go to waste.
  • Helen keller
    Helen keller Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Gotcha, thanks guys
  • CairoJXP
    CairoJXP Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    I'm not getting gifts, nor can I send them like I used to. The only change was that the app was updated and this issue started happening. I saw it happen to my girlfriend too and she's changed nothing on her FB. I also checked my app settings on FB and they're correct. I think it's a bug with one of the recent app updates on android at least, though I don't recall seeing the gifting option showing up on my iPad either as it used to. So now we're missing out on gifted iso and what not.