5* HfH Round 2

Options
Nabistay
Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
So with 5* SS being his red cover I have to ask, last time he was featured was he sold? or was that before the introduction of the 5* HfH? I seem to remember it going him, black bolt, and then they started selling with Green Goblin. Am I remembering this wrong?

My Black Bolt is at 4/2/5, i need 2 more covers. If we skipped his green cover I am going to have to wait an entire extra 5* rotation, which is going to be another year at this rate.. 

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,310 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You are correct that the first time that Surfer was an essential, he was not sold in the HfH store, and neither was Black Bolt.

I am assuming that the HfH is largely automated and they probably have it set up to offer all Classic 5's for the second color, since the majority of them have been offered once.  I expect the Bolt cover offer to be Black.

And yes, it will be at least a year before green comes up for Bolt, most likely.  The cycle started in late September, and new 5's will be Classics every time through.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also, Medusa gives green at 280 & black at 300 if you didn't already get those.
  • Nabistay
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Working on Medusa, but I have been having terrible luck with my bonus 4*s. Not pulling latest tokens doesn't help, but I kind of want to avoid Archangel. I am counting the 1450 day green and the Medusa 280 in my 4/2/5. 

Thanks for the confirmation though. Was hoping I could pick up a green and a black from HfH and use my bonus 4* draws on either hawkeye or Gamora for their 5*s. Oh well.. 
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Quebbster
    Did you notice this already?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jackstar0 said:
    @Quebbster
    Did you notice this already?

Only as soon as Surfer's HfH Went live...
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    I can confirm. 

Here's how the initial order went: Star-Lord (classic token), Spider-Man [PP] (latest token), Doctor Octopus (latest token), Daredevil (latest token), Silver Surfer (classic token), Spider-Man [PP] (latest token), Daredevil (latest token), Doctor Octopus (latest token), Black Bolt (classic token).

After that, Goblin was featured with HfH.  (And... I didn't have 250CP for my 0/5/5 Goblin tinykitty it!)

Since then they have featured all the 5*s who were classic at that time:  Iron Man, Hawkeye, Spider-Man [BiB], Black Widow, The Hulk, Doctor Strange, Jean Grey, Steve Rogers, Wolverine, Black Panther, & Thanos.  (Plus an accidental second run of Star Lord.)

The being said, my suspicion is that they will do a second and third run of these guys then either add in the second batch of classics or possibly replace them.  Either way, it's going to be a LONG cycle,
  • Druiz23
    Druiz23 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thank you Yasuru.  It helps to know the order.  It may "seem" like a long cycle, but each competition typically only lasts 3-4 days, so it is cycling through these characters quite quickly.  With that said, does anyone know around how many days it takes for 1 character to come back around? 

The reason I ask is because I would very much like to champion my 5 star Doctor Strange.  He is missing two covers.  I can use Purple and Yellow.  I figure the next time he is featured, he will be featured with the purple cover and then the time he's featured after that, it'll be for sure a yellow cover. 

How many days are there between each cycle?  Has anyone done the math?
  • bluewolf
    Options
    It was 162 days, or 5 mo 11 days, from Surfer’s first run on 10/8/17 to the current run, which started 3/18/18.

We really don’t know if they will add Doc Ock, SMPP, DD, and Gambit to the end of this next Classic run.  Every 2 characters means about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks added to the cycle.
  • Druiz23
    Options
    Oh Bluewolf...  I see the dilemma.  Yes.  You're absolutely right.  As the latest legends become classics, it takes longer and longer for it to cycle around again.  Surely the solution to this is to fix the rotation so that it's not 3/2.  It should be more like 3/5.  That way it's not a half a year before we can get the next cover, or even a full year as it gets extended with more and more 5 stars being added regularly.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,112 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Druiz23 said:
    That way it's not a half a year before we can get the next cover, or even a full year as it gets extended with more and more 5 stars being added regularly.
    My 5/5/2 Thanos is really, really unhappy with this delay.  Maybe I'll get 21 bonus levels for Gamora before the HfH for his green cover comes out? :neutral:
  • Druiz23
    Options
    My 5/5/2 Thanos is really, really unhappy with this delay.  Maybe I'll get 21 bonus levels for Gamora before the HfH for his green cover comes out? :neutral:
    LOL.  That's depressing.  It'll take years to get 21 bonus levels.
  • bluewolf
    Options
    I usually get 1-2 4* BH a week, at about 2 Latest pulls a day.
  • Nabistay
    Options
    bluewolf said:
    I usually get 1-2 4* BH a week, at about 2 Latest pulls a day.
    2 pulls/day = 14 pulls per week, 1.5 BH per week = 1.5/14 = ~ 11%

That seems low for that many pulls
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Druiz23 said:
    LOL.  That's depressing.  It'll take years to get 21 bonus levels.
    Statistically it should be around 420 fourstar pulls - less if you get them mostly from Heroics instead of Legendary tokens. How long that takes to collect depends on your play level of course, but for me it would probably take months, not years.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Sneak peak was updated, next up is doc ock. Should have been Peter Parker if they were following the order of the latest run that are now classics. 

Which means, it will be a while before it’s black bolt. 3 more latest then Peter Parker and daredevil (in who knows what order), 3 more latest, and then black bolt. 
  • bluewolf
    Options
    Pongie said:
    Sneak peak was updated, next up is doc ock. Should have been Peter Parker if they were following the order of the latest run that are now classics. 

Which means, it will be a while before it’s black bolt. 3 more latest then Peter Parker and daredevil (in who knows what order), 3 more latest, and then black bolt. 
    Actually, Ock was the first to phase out. I had to stop pulling Latest while I waited for him when I was chasing Parker.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    And Doc Ock get his first color offered (black). He Went into Classic Before the Heroes for Hire offers started (he was last essential just Before Black Bolt was), so he has never had a Heroes for Hire offer Before. So it remains to be seen what color is offered for Black Bolt, it could be either green or black depending on what precedent they follow.
  • Yasuru
    Yasuru Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    If they follow their own precedent (hah), it should be Bolt's first color as he hasn't been in HfH.  After he's in, all 5's have been offered either as classic or latest.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Yasuru said:
    If they follow their own precedent (hah), it should be Bolt's first color as he hasn't been in HfH.  After he's in, all 5's have been offered either as classic or latest.

This was Surfer's first time in HfH and they offered the second color. I am not ruling out the Black Bolt offer being for the black cover until I see it.

(The fact that my Bolt is 5/4/3 has something to do with that though. :))

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    The fact that my Bolt is 5/4/3 has something to do with that though. :)
    Mine is 5/2/4. 17 more medusa covers to get the last two blackbolts. Even having medusa as the only favourite hero doesn't help much when I'm hoarding.