What’s your tribe?

Options
bk1234
bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
RIX has made playing with tribal decks a lot of fun. I can’t decide whether I like dinos or pirates better.

What’s your favorite tribe and why? 
(And share decks!!)

Comments

• Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,940 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

I have a lot of mythics. Second is pirates, 3rd is merfolk, and vampires are a distant fourth. 
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pirates are great!

I also was having fun running wizard tribal using Jace. 
  • FindingHeart8
    FindingHeart8 Posts: 2,730 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wombat, always wombat.  Except when it's nest robber...who is secretly also a wombat.
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pirates are definitely my favorite so far (courtesy of Captn Lannery), but Dinos are also pretty fun to use now that I have some of the RIX ones.  Vampires are great in legacy, and merfolk are so far pretty meh (but I don't have any of the mythics, so that could be why)
  • Bullvinne
    Bullvinne Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Well Pirates seem the most competitive, but my favorite for flavor is Dinos. Vamps and Merfolk are decent but have broken key cards (Tishana and Elenda, im looking at you)

Now, this is not strickly tribal, but my favorite deck right now is built around Ghalta

• Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well I can't say I have a favorite tribe.
    - pirates seem the most powerful of the bunch but they disappointed me the last ixalan event.
    - I only have ghalta, modern of dinos but boy is she awesome. If I had all the dinosaur goodies I'd love playing with them...
    - vampires is alright though slow and super susceptible to support disruption and creature removal because of this
    - merfolk are the odd ones of the bunch. I have kopala  and tishana but have yet to make full use of them. With tidebringer they can be a fearful tribe.

All in all I still prefer non tribal decks and can't say MTGPQ has done a good job at infusing the tribal feel to me. It's alright but I still prefer mixed tribes of fun synergies decks. 
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I’m loving my dinosaurs 
  • Bil
    Bil Posts: 831 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Dinos are great, but pirates are really fun too with vraska ... His 2nd skill gives them a really strong boost.
  • Firinmahlazer
    Firinmahlazer Posts: 417 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pirates but dinos are edging in there after I pulled a few mythic ones and they updated the XLN ones. Overall for me it's 1) Pirates. A close 2) Dinos. 3) Vamps. 4) Merfolk.
  • Stormcrow
    Stormcrow Posts: 462 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm really enjoying Vraska + Pirates, her second ability in an all-pirate deck really ramps up quickly and impressively. Put me down for Team Pirate, YAAARRR!