Options
2»

Comments

• AXP_isme
    AXP_isme Posts: 809 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    TPF Alexis said:
    Thanos is more or less the same size category as Hulk, tho. Not nearly as amusing an image as Hulk picking up Galactus and slamming him back down.

This does raise the question of which character power would be the most hilarious to finish Galactus with?  

Maybe a team based around Ant Man & Scarlet Witch for some Shrink/Grow action or Vulture, IM40 and Doreen for TurboSquirrels?   There’s always the old reliables of 3Cage’s uppercut or 3Pun’s red, just for the scale reasons you mentioned?  If you’re really looking for a challenge: Yelena’s Lethal Recon.  Including supports, there’s always the chance that Coulson’s Destroyer Gun does it if things go seriously south.  I already did it with Jessica Jone’s blue, which must certainly be in the running.  I’m sure I’m missing a ton of other amusing options...
    What about the old crowd-pleaser that is Devil Dino disco dancing big G to death. It also has a pleasing amount of aliteration. 
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2018
    Options

sambrookjm said:

Mystique Shapeshifting into Galactus would be...interesting.
    I tried this out during my morning clears.  While the stun obviously doesn't work, Mystique DOES take on Galactus' appearance, so that was fun.  I never would have thought of that, so kudos @sambrookjm

AXP_isme said:

What about the old crowd-pleaser that is Devil Dino disco dancing big G to death. It also has a pleasing amount of aliteration. 
    I ran Devil Dino with IM40 & 3*Deadpool and danced Big G to death with a vengeance.  Again, another great idea :)

I think TurboSquirrels is still my personal favorite, but there's a lot of fun ideas here...

Edit: Forgot to add, Yelena's Lethal Recon for the win is doable with 3* Deadpool and Scarlet Witch, but in Round 4 where my alliance is, it's really difficult to build up 19 purple AP before you kill him, even with Witch.
  • JSP869
    JSP869 Posts: 820 Critical Contributor
    Options
    ZootSax said:
    TPF Alexis said:
    Thanos is more or less the same size category as Hulk, tho. Not nearly as amusing an image as Hulk picking up Galactus and slamming him back down.

This does raise the question of which character power would be the most hilarious to finish Galactus with?  

3* Punisher's Red.

Get Galactus below 40% (IIRC) and Punisher just 1-shots him with his pistol. :)
  • Kahmon
    Kahmon Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Doing fights in the SHIELD Simulator I was using Gambit & Archangel because they are my only champed 5*s along with America Chavez who needs no explanation.

While doing 1 fight against a team that included Vulture, the opposing team got to 6 black and Vulture cast Circling Prey. My first thought was oh kitty, here we go. I had completely forgotten about AAs passive which knocked him out of the sky.

From there I started looking for Vulture teams just to try trapping him some more. My best find was a team with C4rol & Vulture. My blue matches fed them black ap. Vultures goes up and Vulture gets smacked down. Fun times.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LR yesterday, used Loki, Rags and Doom. The AI got of FIVE match 5. The board was filled with Loki's CD tiles. Too bad I did not have C4rol and a strike tile then.
  • Kahmon
    Options
    Those 3 little words...

Gamma Power Bomb!

'nuff said.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bought the box-office hits vault to get winter soldier to 280. lt today. cap cover tomorrow.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Kahmon said:
    Doing fights in the SHIELD Simulator I was using Gambit & Archangel because they are my only champed 5*s along with America Chavez who needs no explanation.

While doing 1 fight against a team that included Vulture, the opposing team got to 6 black and Vulture cast Circling Prey. My first thought was oh kitty, here we go. I had completely forgotten about AAs passive which knocked him out of the sky.

From there I started looking for Vulture teams just to try trapping him some more. My best find was a team with C4rol & Vulture. My blue matches fed them black ap. Vultures goes up and Vulture gets smacked down. Fun times.

I had lots of fun playing Archangel in Real Steel. The opposing Colossus would use Fastball Special, and Archangel would thank him for activating his passive. It's a fun effect when it works, it's just a shame there are so few Airborne effects.
  • Kahmon
    Options
    Everything's coming up Hulkbuster!

Today's SHIELD resupply drop is day 849 for me which is the first of several to come this week.
    My dupe 3* Ironman is at level 222 and look who tomorrows 3* is for DDQ.
    I safely finish t50 in scl9 for every pve story so that will be 1 from Meet R&G.
    And then he's the featured 4* in Hearts of Darkness.

Nice coincidence to have both the 1st 2 happening at the same time as the last 2.
  • Kahmon
    Options
    "I just love it when a plan comes together."

With my 2nd unstable iso8 token I lucked into a Gwenpool from my vault. Knowing I now faced tougher odds of getting something good, I saved the next 5 tokens I got until the vault became post event.
    Result: 2*, 3*, 2*, 2*, 4* Gamora!

While there is no way to know for sure if this is better or worse than if I had used them in the vault, it is all I had hoped for, and feels like a victory to me.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In Bishop pvp I fought a team with Medusa and Okoye. I'm using Mr. F and C4ge. I only had one protect tile on the board, friggin' Bishop kept removing them, and Medusa finally got enough purple ap to do her hair meddle and snagged it away. C4ge then retaliated by removing it and gave me a new protect tile. Good guy C4ge. :smile:
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    In Bishop pvp I fought a team with Medusa and Okoye. I'm using Mr. F and C4ge. I only had one protect tile on the board, friggin' Bishop kept removing them, and Medusa finally got enough purple ap to do her hair meddle and snagged it away. C4ge then retaliated by removing it and gave me a new protect tile. Good guy C4ge. :smile:
    I love when C4ge does stuff like that. I think my fave is when you've got him up against HoboFist, and whenever Danny's blue fires, Cage immediately removes the Strike it created and adds a Protect, pretty much achieving the exact opposite of what the AI was trying to do. He's great at keeping Symbiotes in check in Honor Among Thieves, too.
  • shardwick
    shardwick Posts: 2,121 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    shardwick said:
    I love when C4ge does stuff like that. I think my fave is when you've got him up against HoboFist, and whenever Danny's blue fires, Cage immediately removes the Strike it created and adds a Protect, pretty much achieving the exact opposite of what the AI was trying to do. He's great at keeping Symbiotes in check in Honor Among Thieves, too.
    He is, the downside is that every match feels like it's an hour long. But at least you don't have to worry about health packs.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Watching the game of ping pong in a Bishop v Bishop match that Dr. Strange then got involved with also.
  • Kahmon
    Options
    Killing 4 enemys with 1 Plasma Blast.

During a 4 emeny wave I had the first one down to very little health and myself at plenty of green AP.
    I fired Cable's Plasma Blast and as the 1st baddy died, another took it's place. The blast overflow then hit all 3 remaing for enough to down them all and win the fight.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Because Bullseye has two damaging powers, and tanks black over even my Champed Kitty, it was surprisingly easy to get him to be the one to down people. Since PvP doesn't include Waves, it didn't have time to get truly ludicrous, but it was still pretty fun.