Who should I keep

Options
mgauvin
mgauvin Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
I updated my roster as I had to get remove a few and put a few new ones in. I have 19 spots so I need to know who I should remove and who I should keep.  https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/mgauvin/

Comments

• TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would let go of Captain Marvel, Gambit, Hood, Punisher, and maybe SWitch, Blade, and Mordo. Medusa, Rogue, Strange, Iron Fist, and the 2* are definite keepers.

You want to have at least a single 1* (Juggs, IM, or Spidey) maxed so you can reliably get the ISO from that first DDQ node each day.

At this point in the game, your next step is to focus on 2*, getting as many of them rostered, leveled, and champed as you can manage. You've got three good ones there, but you really want a broad selection, both because they give you options and because the rewards from Champing them (particularly the HP for more slots, and the reliable 3* covers) are a huge help in moving further along in the game.

There are three resource rules at your stage of the game:
    1) Only spend ISO on leveling characters
    2) Only spend HP on roster slots
    3) Don't spend CP or open Legendary Tokens
    These change as you get into 3* territory, but you're not even close to that yet.

Focus on Story events. Even if you can't place well, they can reliably give you Tokens, ISO, and covers through progression and node rewards.

Versus events are less rewarding at this stage, but worth jumping in right at the start to get the Seed Teams. If you do that, it's pretty easy to get to 100 for the Standard Token, and often doable to get to the Elite Token at 200.
  • froggerjohn
    froggerjohn Posts: 373 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm curious about the recommendation to keep single-cover 4* characters at this stage. I've been selling mine, even though I'm further along:

https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/froggerjohn/revisions/48

I did keep a 2-cover Vulture, since he was ranked highly, and I had the two that synergized together. But not sure which others I'd keep, if they're not one of the elites I read about like Peggy Carter, America Chavez, Iceman, etc.  I'd definitely keep a yellow R&G for example, since that would be really useful as-is for quick clears.

The 4* covers I have on the vine right now, are:
    Howard the Duck - blue
    Yondu - yellow
    Elektra - black

Hadn't planned on keeping any of them, although Elektra looked moderately tempting for the damage negation.
  • DAZ0273
    DAZ0273 Posts: 9,618 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    At early stages with roster slots a squeeze then the conventional wisdom is don't open Legendary Tokens or spend CP to try and avoid cluttering up your roster with unneeded 4 & 5's. Of course, you could end up like I have where I just had an insane run of pulling 5 4* covers from about 11 Heroic tokens, so then it is a case by case basis. Otherwise:

1.) Is the character an essential in PvE? You could roster to enable that node to be played and then sell as needed if another character came along who would be greater benefit.

2.) There are certain 4* character covers that are capable of winning the Crash of the Titans at 1 or very few covers- namely those that make a character go invisible so Prof X purple, Howard purple etc. It is a horrible tense slog to do so but is possible. So they have some immediate value, especially if that Crash is looming on the horizon.

3.) Is the character featured in Behemoth Burrito and you have the 2 & 3 stars? Same as 1 above.

Otherwise it is down to circumstance and choice.

Of those covers pulled, unless you have roster slots free I would not really be too bothered at keeping any of them. Howard is a trophy character with limited availability. Yondu's yellow probably isn't going be very helpful and whilst Elektra black is her best power I wouldn't have that roster slot over another 2 or 3* personally.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm curious about the recommendation to keep single-cover 4* characters at this stage. I've been selling mine, even though I'm further along:

https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/froggerjohn/revisions/48

I did keep a 2-cover Vulture, since he was ranked highly, and I had the two that synergized together. But not sure which others I'd keep, if they're not one of the elites I read about like Peggy Carter, America Chavez, Iceman, etc.  I'd definitely keep a yellow R&G for example, since that would be really useful as-is for quick clears.

The 4* covers I have on the vine right now, are:
    Howard the Duck - blue
    Yondu - yellow
    Elektra - black

Hadn't planned on keeping any of them, although Elektra looked moderately tempting for the damage negation.

The only one I'd consider keeping on that list is Yondu, and mostly because he still has an increased draw rate. Howard the Duck is only awarded through Webbed Wonder and Elektra is really lackluster unless you are fighting an enemy team that relies on strike tiles - she excels at slaying Muscles but not much else.

Yondu is pretty neat but by no means a top priority though.