Unhappy Euro Player, tourney end times must change!

Options
13»

Comments

• Zathrus wrote:
    The problem is with the money based point system. I say that because whomever is willing to burn the most health packs with the strongest/fastest kill deck at the last second (while constantly playing a poke war with whomever they are attacking and using up boosts to get faster kills...which subsequently cost currency making someone more willing maybe to spend on ISO) will win. It's better for business as opposed to say, the top 2 spots being owned by day 2 and top 10 by day 3 due to grinding and diligence.

Then it's not working very well... because I'm f2p, I haven't spent a dime on the game yet and excepting the Lightning Rounds I've finished in the top 2 in the last four tournaments in my bracket.

But my location and sleep schedule work with the tournament end times. If I was European or Asian then there's no way I'd be able to do that. The last half hour, and really the last 5 minutes, are the most important for final ranking. You still have to place yourself well prior to that, but if you're not there for those last few minutes then the likelihood of you ranking high are greatly reduced.

That's why I think it's important that they eventually make multiple end times available.

A few examples does not an argument make, but I've done decently f2 p as well given this is only week 3 post install (top 10 finishes mostly). I said already though that the pay to win aspect is far less due to having a skill based component of doing the actual puzzle game. This component also takes time to complete, lowering the usefulness of buying health packs (which is why from a monetary standpoint they want matches to end fast with both sides taking massive damage).

The reason it "isn't working" is 1. Your willingness to spend hours playing instead of dollars paying. For evry player not spending there are $20 out of a less active player trying to find a keep up with your in-game work. You are part of the plan more than the actual customer. 2. I like the game, and as I said I think the devs have made the game fairly easy to play f2p ..for now. I've heard or noticed myself prices and things increase over time and as with ppl complaining about the lightning rounds being too hard, all rounds will only get harder as ppl progress. With no trading there is no way for the market to flux without A. Lowering prices/making low level cheap packs after some point down the road or B. Flooding cards through events.
    3. As the "required gear to compete" goes outside of the IM/Thor zone and into the 3-4 star zone the methodology of the way that the point system functions will become more transparent and you'll start seeing ppl spending a few hundred hp on health packs to guarantee a top 10 finish. Right now a easy and free team mix of Thor/any mix of 1-2 stars can beat
    almost any 3 star team as most don't have those 3 stars above, let's say, 50. That won't be the case months down the road and some starts playing and is expected to compete with a team of 3-4 stars that are maxed. Point is, yes...its not "fully operational" yet because the player base size and time hasn't reached a high enough threshold. It may never to be honest, but that doesn't mean it isn't the purpose of the way the point system is set up.

Trust me, its refreshing to not feel forced to pay but still have that itch to spend money to get that cool move I want. If the game wasn't like this I would have uninstalled day one. Of course they hope at some point it functions properly though, and we'll have to wait and see to know how exactly that will end up.

Also remember, as is the point of the thread the end times are shafting many players. Add 3-5 extra high lvl players into your bracket and maybe you get top 10 or are pushed to 11 and a top 25 finish. Do you take a top
    25 or burn a little hp to keep up? Again, that's why its in their best interest to get these end times down a little better.
  • Guys this isn't a post to discuss the points system - there's nothing wrong with it! This is a post for Europeans who either have to stay up until 5am to compete or just give up due to real life/the human body demanding sleep. We are asking for a bit of compromise on the timing not the architecture of the game to be changed. We enjoy the last hour rush just not between 4am and 5am!! icon_e_wink.gif
  • HulkSmash wrote:
    Guys this isn't a post to discuss the points system - there's nothing wrong with it! This is a post for Europeans who either have to stay up until 5am to compete or just give up due to real life/the human body demanding sleep. We are asking for a bit of compromise on the timing not the architecture of the game to be changed. We enjoy the last hour rush just not between 4am and 5am!! icon_e_wink.gif

For most of Europe is 6AM, 5AM would be better for me icon_lol.gif
    GB, Portugal: 5AM
    Central, W, S, N: 6AM
    East: 7AM
  • Serious Kudos to the team for hearing and responding to the cry of complaint. I was able to actually place in the top 50 in the Red Iso tourney today because it ended around 3PM my time. Really brought back some of the joy of the game for me. Now I have a Green cover Invisible Girl...color me happy.
  • Everly wrote:
    Serious Kudos to the team for hearing and responding to the cry of complaint. I was able to actually place in the top 50 in the Red Iso tourney today because it ended around 3PM my time. Really brought back some of the joy of the game for me. Now I have a Green cover Invisible Girl...color me happy.

To see that the devs listen to the (european) community is really a great thing! Thank you!
    (Got blue and green myself icon_e_biggrin.gif )
  • Indeed! Big thanks all round for listening!!! Cheers guys!
  • As the original poster, I would also like to pay my thanks to a dev team that actually listens to its player base . Finish times are much more reasonable and accessible to both sides if the pond .

Keep up the good work, time to close/lock this thread (for now...8p) j/k
  • Darklondon wrote:
    As the original poster, I would also like to pay my thanks to a dev team that actually listens to its player base . Finish times are much more reasonable and accessible to both sides if the pond .

Keep up the good work, time to close/lock this thread (for now...8p) j/k

Wouldn't hurt really, before I noticed it was a necro bump I was having a good chuckle about the impossible to please Europeans.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    This thread has obviously outlived its usefulness, although no less valid as a time capsule of the past.
This discussion has been closed.