Suggestions how to solve problem with Steam UI

lastbreath
lastbreath Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
Let's make a deal: we accept new UI, but you put this information on one screen:

Even android players will be glad because I'm shure they also aren't happy to slide through 8 pages!

Huh? Huh? Brilliant idea, no???

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like both ideas.  Flip a coin.
  • LXSandman
    LXSandman Posts: 196 Tile Toppler
    I like the swipe idea.  I mean phones are a heck of a lot better now then they were 5 years ago... so the UI shouldn't need to stay the same as it was back then.  Upgrade!. hahah

Maybe that's what they are doing and we are all going to have to appologize when the next patch comes out....

:smiley:
  • HoundofShadow
    HoundofShadow Posts: 8,004 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the UI for Steam but I think it might look crammed on mobile devices. Generally, a smartphone is about 5 to 6 inches. The wordings would be small if there are many visuals in one page. I think they have to balance readability against other factors as well. Again, it would be better if we could wait for the new feature to be implemented before making any suggestions. 
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker

I'm a STEAM user, I hate that I have to scroll through so many screens.

Before it was 1x screen to do everything,   All of the "leveling" stuff should be on the first screen, everything else scroll through it.

Steam users never could seen a "flipped" power like C&D before, so that's an improvement, but too many screen to scroll through.

• lastbreath
    edited March 2018
    I like the UI for Steam but I think it might look crammed on mobile devices
    I checked it already. Font on the divided screens is the same. And I really don't understand the purpose of 5(!) useless pages instead "all-in-one" page! Just check it by yourself:

Took me 5 minutes in photoshop to optimize data. All Steam functionality in mobile interface! And we can get rid of 5(!) pages: 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th!
    Instead of downgrading Steam, upgrade mobile.
    Exactly! This is real solution and everyone will be happy! Is here any forum admin or user close to developer team to bring them this idea??? 
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler

Took me 5 minutes in photoshop to optimize data. All Steam functionality in mobile interface! And we can get rid of 5(!) pages: 1st, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th!
    I don't really see how your redesign changes much. If you click on the powers on page three it takes you to the relevant text anyway. And clicking on a button on the page to display a text or the next page button is exactly the same number of clicks. Isn't it? 

And there is data missing from the 1st page - character name, tier level, and favourite icons. Also missing the upgrade bit - would that be more clicks on a different page?  And then you have the new features information - don't know how much text or information will be needed on a general overview screen for that. 

I mean, according to rumours, there is going to be a new in-game resource. The way they have they UI on mobiles set up at the moment they don't really even have room for that at the top of your screen. Need another icon and counter up there at least.So the mobile page has to change to some degree during rollout, doesn't it?  
  • lastbreath
    edited March 2018
    If you don't like my version, look at aesthetocyst's idea
  • drexyl
    drexyl Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Fix this ****.  Put it back the way it was.