What percentage of your roster do you use?

Options
2»

Comments

• fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,938 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    11-20%
    OJSP said:
    Shield Sim is a bit more difficult since if I can find an opponent who is willing to play "Back to Square One" with our rosters (basically I defeat your team with a weaker team and then you defeat that team with a roughly equal or lower team until one of us wipes and then we try again) I am apt to use more characters. It's actual the most fun I have playing the game at the moment and to those that have done me the kindness of entertaining my challenges, know that you have my thanks and appreciation and that I hope you have as much as I do.

:lol: If you change your defensive team sometimes,.. (to quote Bryan Mills from Taken (Liam Neeson).. “I will find you.. and I will kill you.” :lol:
    To quote Stinkoman: Are you asking for a challenge?!?!

My super awesome team of 4* Agent Venom, 4* America Chavez and 5* Thor wait for you this weekend. ┌( ̄0 ̄)┐
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,141 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    31-40%
    I'd probably say about a third of my roster gets used regularly.

Deadpool Daily is usually this batch of teams:
    1 star - Juggy, Spidey, Storm.
    First Wave Node - Daken, Human Torch, and Bagman (!!) (Bagman + Human Torch are a rainbow unto themselves)
    2 star - Storm, Magneto, Capt Marvel
    3 star - Required Character along with Deadpool and Scarlet Witch for the Deadpool Points
    Big Enchilada - OML, Thano5, 5trange

Events - Boosted 4-stars, Vulture+Cloak and Dagger, Rocket&Groot/Gamora/Medusa.  4-star Venom in nodes against Bullseye.

LOTS of different PvP teams, depending on the required 3-star.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    31-40%
    I lost count, so I can't give an exact number, but it was somewhere in the low 30-something % range. And that's actively going out of my way to use a bunch of sub-optimal choices, because they're characters I like from the Comics/Movies. I did also include niche characters like Quake, where I don't use them frequently in general, but I do use them 100% of the time when their niche comes up.

All 6 of my 1* see use either when clearing Seed Teams or in DDQ. All of the 2* except Steve get used regularly in DDQ, but on a rotating basis, as various ones get sold and rebuilt. I use about half the 3* on a regular basis, between DDQ, PvE events where I'm playing SCL7, and farming Retals in PvP. 4* takes a big drop, down to only 20/64, because so many of them are really badly covered. I used to use my 5* pretty often for their match damage when I was using Thanos in LRs, but I use Grockamora for that now, so they pretty much sit on the bench except for when they're Essential because they've got at most a half-dozen covers. I do sometimes pull out Daredevil or Thor, tho, because they're fun, and I have some 4* teams they fit into well.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    0-10%
    When you're in 5* lands, there's no going back.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    0-10%
    Straycat said:
    Lystrata said:

Certainly with more events that would require roster diversity characters would matter more. Right now... put out a new character. Don't put out a new character. I don't care. I'll roster its one or two covers and slowly gain the rest over time, but I'll only ever use what gets me through things fastest.

This issue, like most others people have with the game, is solved by not caring about placement. 

That's not necessarily true - and certainly isn't in my case. Sometimes I play for placement, sometimes I play for iso/tokens/progression. Regardless of what I'm going for, I'm rarely going to spend more time playing than I need to. Not because I don't like the game or want to use other characters, but without greater incentive, I allocate my real world time to other things. Like friends, family, work... sleep.

This is also why I don't much bother with CL9. I could play there. But the time sink is beyond what I'm willing to put into a mobile game. 

Not saying this is a fault of the game, it's just my preference. I enjoy the game, but I only want to stare at a phone screen for so long each day.  :wink:
  • Raud
    Raud Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    61-70%
    It's hard to say but i never use except i need in PVP or PVE char like this:
    3*; Sentry, Ragnarok, Gamora, She-Hulk, Angel, Elektra, Captain Marvel, Storm,
    4*; Drax, Kraven, Elektra, Kingpin, Winter Soldier.
  • CyberVenom2001
    CyberVenom2001 Posts: 203 Tile Toppler
    Options
    90-100%
    I use almost everyone. But basically because I use a random generator
  • Polly_P1
    Polly_P1 Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    11-20%
    For Dead pools daily I use:
    IM35 1*
    storm 2*
    mags 2*
    hawkeye 2*
    Thanos 3*
    blade 4*
    Madusa 4*

for PVE I typically use the following in some variation along with whoever is boosted:

Strange 3*, hawkguy 3*, gamora 4*, Rocket 4*, chavez 4*, vulture 4*, Quake 4*, Madusa 4*, carol 4*, culston 4*, hobofist 4*, cage 4*.

most champed 2,3, and 4* only come out when boosted 
  • Steve111
    Steve111 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    Options
    0-10%
    I use in pve
    5 Gambit, Bolt, Dr Strange, Thanos, DD, OML, Thor

In pvp
    gambit/bolt
    daredevil/bssm
    thanos vs seed teams

in DDQ
    thanos
    2* x3 
    juggernaut 

and thats it - mainly because of the speed required in pve & pvp
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    0-10%
    For PvP, it’s Gambit and Thanos. For PvE, I use a decent amount of my 5*s, including OML, Surfer, IM46, Thanos, Peter Parker, Gambit, DD and Thor. It still is less than 10% of my total roster.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 804 Critical Contributor
    Options
    21-30%
    Sort of a difficult question but on a daily basis just north of 20%
    I play a different team in every node of DDQ = 18 most days
    Depending on the particular PvE I use my speed team for initial clear but I use another dozen to do final grind= 2
    Grand total on a daily basis= 22%

On a weekly basis I use all of my 1 & 2* cycling through DDQ plus about half my 3* and a third of my 4* along with those I use in PvE and PvP.

I feel like I use my entire 1-4* roster over a few weeks.

The 5* because there is just no alternative to Gambit to be competitive it is pretty much him and those who go well with him. The rest of them are just trophies until they are essential in PvE.
  • Pr0spect0r
    Pr0spect0r Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm just gonna post here now and edit the post when I get home with the math. As well as vote before I forget
  • ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,267 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2018
    Options
    This is hard to answer as asked. I have nearly every character on roster (missing 3 3*s and 2 5*s), but there are loads of characters that aren't champed, and therefore not competitively useful. The way this game scales character growth, to me I'd have to restrict this down to a subset of which of my champions do I use regularly. 

1*: 1/1 - I use Sp1der-Man for DDQ every day

2*: 3/12 - Magneto/ Hawkeye/Ms Marvel is my preferred DDQ team for critical production

3*: 2/24 - Strang3 and SWitch are the only 2 3*s I'll use outside of a required character, and those only on niche teams

4*: 12/14 - I have every 4*, but only 14 champions. the two i don't regularly use are Lockjaw and Kingpin, only because I haven't figured out what to do with them yet. Everything Kingpin does, Coulson does better, and for Lockjaw I don't have a champion Lady Thor yet, who I suspect is his big partner.

5*: I have no champs yet in this tier, and at least 1 cover for all but Goblin and JJ. I use 5* Lord (2/1/3) daily for match damage with 4ocket