Who goes where?

MarkersMake
MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2018 in MPQ General Discussion
When you select your characters, do you care which order they are in? Assume that (for the purposes of this poll) position-based colour tanking is not a concern.

How much do you care who goes where? 

Who goes where? 44 votes

I don't care at all.
31% 14 votes
I have 1 or 2 characters that I usually put in the same spot.
40% 18 votes
Gamora goes on the LEFT. GRocket on the RIGHT. Anything else is WRONG.
20% 9 votes
Other (see comments)
6% 3 votes

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Assuming PVP whomever you want to tank goes on the left.  Position order is the tie breaker for match damage.  If you are playing PVE tank goes middle, left, right.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Game Mechanical concerns aside, if I'm using a character who's known as a leader (e.g. any version of Captain America) or for being particularly aggressive (Daken, Rogue), they go in the center. If I'm using anyone who's a notable support/backfield character (GSBW, Bucky), they go on the right, in "back". Otherwise, it's more or less just in the order they come up as I scroll through the team selection screen.

Re: Option 3, I always like to have Grocket out front in that combo. I mean, once they've laid out their Strikes at the start of the fight, it doesn't usually matter what happens to them, so I might as well put them where they're most likely (even if only by a tiny margin) to soak more damage.